Racist players ruining community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crimsonhaseo

07-07-2011

Today I was in a match with a lvl 30 summoner named BOMBOA and he was outright racist without provocation and in a beginner bot match at that. The N word and "***" was slammed everywhere from this lil kid's mouth. The Tribunal isn't available to me as far as I can find so I am posting here hoping a Game Dev reads this and addresses the issue.

This isn't the first time I've had this attitude thrown at me in games, names of summoners which are racist, summoners calling people racist terms, and just outright hate mongering during games because they aren't outright stomping on the enemy. The community is currently being corrupted by these players and I myself at lvl 21 have seen many new players ask how often they will find people like that and when the answer comes back "a good bit" or "often 1 in the game at least" then they stop playing the game all together.

I have used the end of game report system to label these players and put in the notes why and what for but I don't know if that is even getting thru since so many people report for simple things as well.

Please Riot put in a strong enforcement of the rules against this as most think you will do absolutely nothing because they are lvl 30 or spend too much money on skins for you to ban them. Bomboa directly said that Riot would do nothing cause he's lvl 30 and nothing has been done yet.

I also submit this knowing I'm likely to get blasted with posts from some of these types of players saying they "should have the right to say what they want" "it's just a game" "cry more lil baby" and many other forms of that type of forum posts. So do note that the doing posts like that will likely make you a target for the devs.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope the gaming community gets cleaned up a bit and the Summoner's Code followed. And thanks to Riot for such a great free game.

Lineov

07-07-2011

Riot can't ban someone based on these posts, if they get enough reports (which it sounds like they will) some action will occur.

Best to not worry yourself with it and just keep on summoning.

also, if you're level 30 and haven't been banned for Leaving you should have access to
www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal

and if you don't, contact CS.

Traductus

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonhaseo View Post
I have used the end of game report system to label these players and put in the notes why and what for but I don't know if that is even getting thru since so many people report for simple things as well.
It's getting through. Don't expect any notifications or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonhaseo View Post
Bomboa directly said that Riot would do nothing cause he's lvl 30 and nothing has been done yet.
People doing the tribunal love seeing quotes like this in the chat log. Players can be punished at any summoner level and you can be banned for racist comments.