Stop reporting people for saying 'Noobs' you Noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrs Ezreal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Seriously. I have had like 20 cases where people are reported under "verbal abuse" and being called a noob.

People who get hurt for being called noobs are a bunch of softcocks.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

It's not about hurt feelings or words used.

It's about insulting your own team and bringing them down. It's anti-winning, anti-teamwork and anti-sportsmanship. If nothing else it's assisting the enemy team by making your own team more likely to play poorly or give up.

This is NOT a single player game. Your words and actions have an effect on other people, and you need to learn to make that influence a positive one.

If it's not the Tribunal is here to see to it you're reminded.

JohnADreams

07-07-2011

Constructive criticism: can help game environment when done respectfully

Calling people noobs: detracts from game environment and adds nothing of value

IS1853bb13d91409db04db1

07-07-2011

Team game? yes. Need team synergy? yes. Calling someone a noob tears down your team? Negative. If you get all bent out of shape from that, then go play solitare. Everyone ****s up sometimes, the difference between good players and bad ones is the good ones realize they ****ed up and admit it. They get called a noob, they laugh it off and try harder to make up for it. The bad players get sucked into a ' i'm not a noob u r!' word battle that distracts everyone, they don't admit to or learn from their mistake(s)

Kids are so soft anymore it's disgusting.

Malachi Nnelg

07-07-2011

yep, it's sad, I pardon them all

and now for the downvotes from the kids who can't take "The Noob"

Alopix

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPoppy View Post
Everyone ****s up sometimes, the difference between good players and bad ones is the good ones realize they ****ed up and admit it. They don't admit to or learn from their mistake(s) Kids are so soft anymore it's disgusting.
So... you, personally, singularly have a right to ignore certain parts of the rules and call your teammates names and disrespect them, and if they don't take it, agree with you and beg for more they're kids and bads?

Stop treating your team like your own personal punching bag. Maybe instead of blaming them you should GO HELP THEM or actually give them useful advice stated in full sentences? This is a team game. Victories and losses are both team efforts.

I really look forward to seeing you in the tribunal. And I really hope if I ever see you in-game you're on the OTHER TEAM. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi Nnelg View Post
yep, it's sad, I pardon them all

and now for the downvotes from the kids who can't take "The Noob"
LOL enjoy ur one case per day

LadyLothiriel

07-07-2011

Quote:
It's not about hurt feelings or words used.

It's about insulting your own team and bringing them down. It's anti-winning, anti-teamwork and anti-sportsmanship. If nothing else it's assisting the enemy team by making your own team more likely to play poorly or give up.

This is NOT a single player game. Your words and actions have an effect on other people, and you need to learn to make that influence a positive one.

If it's not the Tribunal is here to see to it you're reminded.
Couldn't have said it better.

I personally would not punish anyone who forgets himself in the heat of the moment and calls someone a noob or uses the F-Word, but I have yet to see a case, where this was a single occurrence and not followed by a whole bunch of games where that exact player was a constant negative force in the game, whining and complaining and generally behaving like a complete a***.

I

Beachdude67

07-07-2011

I think calling people noobs is such an accepted practice in League of Legends that its hard for me to vote to ban someone on this infraction alone. If I saw 12 reports of someone calling others noobs with no other offensive behavior in evidence, I'd vote to excuse the person in question. However, I have yet to see this happen; most people report for worse things, and to be honest almost everyone I have judged really deserved to be punished for someone they did in one of the logs I saw.

FriendlyRaid

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moovin View Post
I think calling people noobs is such an accepted practice in League of Legends that its hard for me to vote to ban someone on this infraction alone.
It's not acceptable. This is like saying, "People get murdered all the time, so if someone is a murderer it's kind of hard to fault them, because it happens a lot."

Just because you see plenty of games where people act like jerks and break the Summoner's Code doesn't mean that it's now acceptable behavior, it just means they haven't been banned yet.

LadyLothiriel

07-07-2011

Quote:
It's not acceptable. This is like saying, "People get murdered all the time, so if someone is a murderer it's kind of hard to fault them, because it happens a lot."
That isn't what he wanted to say, though. Nobody who judges Tribunal cases fairly and open-mindedly will vote punish for a player ONLY for calling someone "noob" in a single instance. I would not do this myself either.

But the fact as stated is, that calling someone a noob ALWAYS goes hand in hand with unacceptable, negative behaviour, occuring in a large number of games, which of course should be punished.