I've noticed a GLARING error in the Tribunal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghost713x

07-07-2011

So, I just hit level 30 this morning and I decided to try my hand at the Tribunal. Out of the 10 cases I was asked to vote on, at least 3-5 of them were for AFK/leaving the game. I have noticed that this is a VERY hard offense to adjudicate as there is no way of knowing if the reported player was indeed no longer active in the match. Time played, the KDR and the chat log do help, but in the case of a player who played for part of the match then left, all of these things cease to provide useful information, and here's why each item stops helping:

1) The KDR: If this is anything other than 0/0/0, it offers absolutely NO HELP in determining leaver status.

2) The time played statistic: This one is only marginally helpful as there is no indicator of how long the actual match was. (If there is and I'm just missing it, please let me know as that would pretty much solve this whole problem right there.)

3) The chat log: As with the KDR, if this isn't just empty of any talk by the reported player, then once again we are left with no way of knowing whether the reported player left, or simply stopped talking to the other players.

I do feel that there is an easy solution to this: (and it would likely solve many other issues as well.) If at all possible, have the Riot Server that the game takes place on save a replay of the match for the Tribunal members who vote on the case to review. This makes deciding negative game play and chat almost ID10T proof. And it would make other offenses more readily apparent also.

If the storage space is an issue, have them saved to an archive drive and then deleted once the case is reviewed.

But that's just my thoughts, worth exactly the amount of $$ you paid to read them.

GrimCreeperX

07-07-2011

maybe you should consider CS...

if it's a super low CS they're either afk/leaver or just plain out unskilled player..

Azaluc

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimCreeperX View Post
maybe you should consider CS...

if it's a super low CS they're either afk/leaver or just plain out unskilled player..
Or they are a support/roamer....

Felstag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

I look at their champ level too! so if it is 45 minutes in, and they are level 3...that's a red flag....

Kaedan

07-07-2011

Umm... champ level and minion count is very telling. I'm sorry, even if you're support you will have more than 20 minions.

Mezeral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

A replay would be quite helpful although I don't believe practical.

Perhaps make Zones within maps..

Time spent in :
spawn
other spawn
jungle
other jungle
bot
mid
other bot
other mid
other top

Just an idea.. It wouldn't provide direct results but could give insight on the player.

JasmineChen

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
Umm... champ level and minion count is very telling. I'm sorry, even if you're support you will have more than 20 minions.
Did you watch any of Dreamhack? It wasn't at all weird for support champs to have CS of 10 or 11.

Quote:
The KDR: If this is anything other than 0/0/0, it offers absolutely NO HELP in determining leaver status.
It's circumstantial. (eg) 1/2/2 for a 40 minute match is suspicious if not conclusive, although for AFK not for leave. I'd take it into account with the rest of the case.

Adding replay to tribunal sounds like it would consume massive dev resources. Also, watching replays expands the time to judge a case and some jurors just wouldn't bother. However, if it were surprisingly easy for Riot to do, sure, why not