Stop reporting people for saying 'Noobs' you Noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverraptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

"Noob", in terms of most games means the player is new and inexperienced to the game. Over time, people derive that to someone is bad at the game and heavily implies that they should quit the game, even if they may just be new. Being called a noob by a complete stranger is frustrating, makes you feel like trash, and ultimately makes you perform worse.

If you want to call people Noob regularly and not get written up, then I suggest you go find a group where you all like to laugh at being called a noob since you know your group is not really serious.

-Being called a noob by someone you know is joking, is a fun and shows that you guys are friends.
-Being called a noob by someone you don't even know means that guys is a jerk and thinks he's HotshotGG or Elementz and wonders how he's at the ELO he's at.

Anyone see the difference?

con4n

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLothiriel View Post
That isn't what he wanted to say, though. Nobody who judges Tribunal cases fairly and open-mindedly will vote punish for a player ONLY for calling someone "noob" in a single instance. I would not do this myself either.

But the fact as stated is, that calling someone a noob ALWAYS goes hand in hand with unacceptable, negative behaviour, occuring in a large number of games, which of course should be punished.
Look this guy last matches, ALL WITH NEGATIVE SCORE, thats why he wnats everyone else to get banned when typing noob.hypocrite...

IS1853bb13d91409db04db1

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alopix View Post
so... You, personally, singularly have a right to ignore certain parts of the rules and call your teammates names and disrespect them, and if they don't take it, agree with you and beg for more they're kids and bads?

Stop treating your team like your own personal punching bag. Maybe instead of blaming them you should go help them or actually give them useful advice stated in full sentences? This is a team game. Victories and losses are both team efforts.

I really look forward to seeing you in the tribunal. And i really hope if i ever see you in-game you're on the other team. =3
noob

Nitrex

07-07-2011

If your team fails then maybe you should be helping them instead of criticizing them and calling them noobs, then in the end when you do lose a game you start complaining and nagging as always, well you should blame your self for once for the loss of the game, this is a team game and you are part of the failure.

Gorubee

07-07-2011

What's pathetic is we have people who are trolling ranked, griefing, throwing ranked matches, intentionally feeding, and doing things with a significant physical impact on the game, yet the Tribunal system is more flooded with bad language and people calling people 'noobs' than offenses that can actually severely impact the game.

These reports are frivolous and a waste of time, and if they truly do break the "code" then there should be automated procedures for this.

Invader Kazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

It`s proved by science that calling NOOB to someone of your team helps in absolutly nothing.
If someone sucks in your team (happends i know) give him a constructive advice, point. He will take it or not, for what involves you, you did what you could.

If you like beign disrespectful then you have to leave the game, learn some manners and maybe even learn to be more civilized.

TonyTonyChopper

Senior Recruiter

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Kazz View Post
It`s proved by science that calling NOOB to someone of your team helps in absolutly nothing.
If someone sucks in your team (happends i know) give him a constructive advice, point. He will take it or not, for what involves you, you did what you could.

If you like beign disrespectful then you have to leave the game, learn some manners and maybe even learn to be more civilized.

Proven by science? How.

If someone in your team sucks and continues doing the same shi* over and over, after you give him advice, I should just walk away and know I did what I could? The fuc*?

You're cancer of this "competitive" community.

Here's one for you take a look at the people who "rage" or "talk shi*"
Find the reason why they talk shi* against their team. -> See that they only talk **** when the player keeps hindering their team.

Who the fuc* wants to waste 40 minutes in a game, where you are trying and others are not, in this competitive game.

Aventyl

07-07-2011

I personally hate children and its children who use the word noobs... ergo i report people who use the word noob....

Zeful

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spathinator View Post
Seriously. I have had like 20 cases where people are reported under "verbal abuse" and being called a noob.

People who get hurt for being called noobs are a bunch of softcocks.
Be quiet noob, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you.

-1 for stepping beyond your station.

Meleney

07-07-2011

I see you tower diving too much and thus feeding their team I:

a) call you a noob and start an argument and am an ass, because noob is an insult. Look at other forums/games/anywhere. Noob is not used as a nice word. Duh.

b) suggest they're tower diving too much and they should hang back with me as not to feed their team. Constructive, now if they outburst they're the idiot.