Leonas' Cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunney5

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telitha View Post
For all new champions it's better to assume 6.3k ip cost and be happy if it's lower rather than hope for something less only to be disappointed when it's 6.3k.

There is a decent chance this may be a 4.8k or 3150 simply because she is a tank. I've noticed in general support/tanks are often less than AP/AD carries (yes, I know Trundle is 4.8k, but Karma has been the only 3150 champ since Urgot) as fewer people will want them, tanks/support are team champs, not selfish ones, so fewer people are interested.

I'm not particularly looking forward to this champ as this is the first tank being released in a long time and I know for sure there will be a bunch of instalock Leonas who don't build her to tank despite your team depending on your tank build and will then come here to spam threads about how Leona can't carry for **** and how they wasted their IP. But the tank player in me is excited to see a new face for once.
^Everything this man said and more! ^_^ The tank within is highly interested for this champ. Now then, to talk a friend into playing Jar while I play her. =D

d0m

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
And that makes me a sad panda...
+1 for sp reference, Anyway, you can always get rp.

Brocephalus

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeseera View Post
Hi all:

One thing you guys need to understand is that LoL has been out for some good time now, what does that mean? It means that there are folks that have all the runes they need, and are only stacking IP, Ive seen videos from people who play competitive and have over 18K IP. Now these folks have all the runes they need and are only stacking IP very,very fast. Therefore get use to see more champs @ 6300 from now on, since the game has been out long enough to allow people to catch up.

Remember this is a Free Game, but before a game, is a business, and they need to make some bucks somehow. Therefore I'm not saying they'll NEVER release another 3150 champ like in the good old days, but get use to see them less and less and don't be surprise if 4800K IP cost is the new 3150 IP like it used to be.
Not everyone is in that position, and if they are, and want to spend it on something, 6300 IP every 2 weeks is not going to stem their IP generation.

6300 IP is just a very good incentive to purchase the champ with RP. Think of it as a method to secure an impulse purchase, especially since they add hype to the champion prior to release and offer skin bundles during the initial release.

d0m

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telitha View Post
For all new champions it's better to assume 6.3k ip cost and be happy if it's lower rather than hope for something less only to be disappointed when it's 6.3k.

There is a decent chance this may be a 4.8k or 3150 simply because she is a tank. I've noticed in general support/tanks are often less than AP/AD carries (yes, I know Trundle is 4.8k, but Karma has been the only 3150 champ since Urgot) as fewer people will want them, tanks/support are team champs, not selfish ones, so fewer people are interested.

I'm not particularly looking forward to this champ as this is the first tank being released in a long time and I know for sure there will be a bunch of instalock Leonas who don't build her to tank despite your team depending on your tank build and will then come here to spam threads about how Leona can't carry for **** and how they wasted their IP. But the tank player in me is excited to see a new face for once.
Theres one every day, let alone the first. I get mad every time i see an ap cho let alone an ap Amumu, And if i see an ap leona /wrist. Seriously it's even worse that they wait until10 seconds left in the select screen to tell you they're ap which is 9 out of 9 times

Kraen

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telc View Post
Theres one every day, let alone the first. I get mad every time i see an ap cho let alone an ap Amumu, And if i see an ap leona /wrist. Seriously it's even worse that they wait until10 seconds left in the select screen to tell you they're ap which is 9 out of 9 times
Cho'Gath is listed as a Fighter Melee /Mage./

He has ridiculously good AP Ratios on all of his abilities and they did a recent adjustment to encourage this type of build instead of the "tank" build everyone tried to impose on him.

Cho.
Is.
Not.
A.
Tank.

People should assume he's AP not a tank. Because he is not a tank. He's just beefy.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancepticom View Post
Why would they ever release a champion at less than 6300?
Orianna says hi.
She says she's sad you already forgot about her.

vtN

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saverial View Post
When Leona was purchasable in the store, she was spotted for 3150. Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot of this. So, Grain of Salt.
Lets hope they don't change their mind!
I got 12k or 13k ip..But I still need to buy a tank rune page as well as another rune page slot. Too bad I didn't get that free 3rd rune page like some people got a long time ago. Too noob!