Leonas' Cost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdventHawk7

07-06-2011

Have they announced this yet?
If she's a 3150 champion, Swain can wait.

Been a lot of new champions that are 6300 too excessive lately, would be nice to get a 3150 new champion that isn't a bust.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Too bad she's gonna be 6K.

Killzerz

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
Too bad she's gonna be 6K.
And that makes me a sad panda...

Telitha

07-07-2011

For all new champions it's better to assume 6.3k ip cost and be happy if it's lower rather than hope for something less only to be disappointed when it's 6.3k.

There is a decent chance this may be a 4.8k or 3150 simply because she is a tank. I've noticed in general support/tanks are often less than AP/AD carries (yes, I know Trundle is 4.8k, but Karma has been the only 3150 champ since Urgot) as fewer people will want them, tanks/support are team champs, not selfish ones, so fewer people are interested.

I'm not particularly looking forward to this champ as this is the first tank being released in a long time and I know for sure there will be a bunch of instalock Leonas who don't build her to tank despite your team depending on your tank build and will then come here to spam threads about how Leona can't carry for **** and how they wasted their IP. But the tank player in me is excited to see a new face for once.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Why would they ever release a champion at less than 6300?

Eric The Moose

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancepticom View Post
Why would they ever release a champion at less than 6300?

Balance and because it's a reasonable thing to expect - we're not buying diamonds, we're buying make-believe champions in a game that riot owns. If they aren't making enough money to crank out a champion every two weeks then THEY SHOULDN'T CRANK OUT A CHAMPION EVERY TWO WEEKS. Plus they have plenty of fans who are willing to design their own champs for free just to get a champ on the roster that is theirs.

Keeping prices high is a good way to make fans quit - I buy skins because I love riot, I buy rune pages because I want more room to play with different styled champs. I buy champions with ip because I only get a new one when I've mastered another old one that I've bought.

Saverial

07-09-2011

When Leona was purchasable in the store, she was spotted for 3150. Unfortunately, I didn't get a screenshot of this. So, Grain of Salt.

DSkittlez

07-09-2011

while i like the logic that tanks/support should cost less then any carry it doesnt hold up for 1 reason: moakai i believee is 6.3k n riot said he was a tank support didnt they?

Looks Death

07-10-2011

4800, probable, all say this price

Jeseera

07-10-2011

Hi all:

One thing you guys need to understand is that LoL has been out for some good time now, what does that mean? It means that there are folks that have all the runes they need, and are only stacking IP, Ive seen videos from people who play competitive and have over 18K IP. Now these folks have all the runes they need and are only stacking IP very,very fast. Therefore get use to see more champs @ 6300 from now on, since the game has been out long enough to allow people to catch up.

Remember this is a Free Game, but before a game, is a business, and they need to make some bucks somehow. Therefore I'm not saying they'll NEVER release another 3150 champ like in the good old days, but get use to see them less and less and don't be surprise if 4800K IP cost is the new 3150 IP like it used to be.