Tribunal Failing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sepherial

07-06-2011

So, I just got out of a game that my team lost and I wasn't the worst on the team by no means, but I was playing Lanewick cause I think he is fun. So, one of the guys gets pissy and reports be because I played Lanewick. What sucks is that I know it will end up on the tribunal because I've seen people with only 1 person reporting plenty of times, which I think is ****. It should take at least 3 to 4 people reporting to even think of getting it tribunaled. It seems like a **** system when one angry guy sore at losing can get you in trouble. I realize once won't matter, but say a few lost games of 1 pissy person reporting for losing. Then bam I'm on tribunal for **** and I know 50% of people just spam punish.

Falleng0d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Ok. Let me correct some fail snap assumptions people around here love to make.

1) Who cares if you were reported. Being "reported" for something is different than being gulity. (duh) What could they have reported you for anyways? There are only a limited number of categories. Unskilled player? Those dont go into tribunal anyways....

2) If you did happen to end up on the tribunal for 1 game (this is unlikely), I think most people would pardon as you didnt break any rules?

3) If people did spam punish, it makes zero difference. Riot staff reviews tribunal cases and are the ones who input judgements. The tribunal judgement is not necessarily the one that riot staff would conclude.

4) Riot has stated people who continually vote incorrectly will eventually have their voter rating drastically decreased(meaning their vote makes no difference) as well as their case loads per day decreased(down to 2 cases per day).

Mísanthropic

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleng0d View Post
Ok. Let me correct some fail snap assumptions people around here love to make.

1) Who cares if you were reported. Being "reported" for something is different than being gulity. (duh) What could they have reported you for anyways? There are only a limited number of categories. Unskilled player? Those dont go into tribunal anyways....

2) If you did happen to end up on the tribunal for 1 game (this is unlikely), I think most people would pardon as you didnt break any rules?

3) If people did spam punish, it makes zero difference. Riot staff reviews tribunal cases and are the ones who input judgements. The tribunal judgement is not necessarily the one that riot staff would conclude.

4) Riot has stated people who continually vote incorrectly will eventually have their voter rating drastically decreased(meaning their vote makes no difference) as well as their case loads per day decreased(down to 2 cases per day).
1.) What if he had an argument and lost his temper, causing him to curse and down-talk? Standard arguing, tbh... And the majority looks at his case and pin "verbal harassment" on him? The Tribunal is most likely automated. What does this mean? It means that Riot probably didn't look at the case themselves before issuing a temporary suspension. Which means the defending player's deprived of his favorite game simply because he reacted naturally like human beings do.

2.) If players have been pointing out that they've been seeing cases with only 1 report in it [for verbal harassment in some of them, too -_-], then to me it seems possible [and likely] that people may make it to the Tribunal based on even one single solid report, from 1-4 players. The verbal Harassment rule is far too easy to break. If ALL players are held accountable for this, then this means bans are being handed out like free candy because it's inevitably going to happen. Not everybody's the same. Not everyone has the same capacity or level of "patience".

3.) If people spam punish, and Riot doesn't check up on it [all hundreds, or even thousands of cases that're generated daily], then who's stopping the Tribunal from automatically banning the players [esp. those accused of verbal harassment]?

4.) I happen to think that they go with the majority vote, and tag the minority as "wrong". If this process applies, then insta-punishers can essentially get away with murder [figuratively speaking, ofc...].

Conclusion: If the things I've pointed out are true, then reported players are in for quite a ban-ride!

Falleng0d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

2) So think before you speak? Dont break rules cause you feel "frustrated". Simple.

3) Huh? Read my third point again. Riot(according to them of course) clearly stated they review cases before issuing judgments. Whats confusing.....No problem here..

4) "You happen to think" Speculation and assumptions do nothing. I dont understand your point. Again, if they are voting wrong, they have their rating reduced and daily case load reduced down to nothing.

UmbraSprite

07-06-2011

Wow I left the country on business for a week and you are still here crying? Spouting baseless assumptions? Personally I use it correctly and pardon plenty. As long as there are those of us using the system correctly all the crying about why can't I behave like a spoiled child aren't going to do anything.

Your tears fill the crystal blue lagoon of my dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
1.) What if he had an argument and lost his temper, causing him to curse and down-talk? Standard arguing, tbh... And the majority looks at his case and pin "verbal harassment" on him? The Tribunal is most likely automated. What does this mean? It means that Riot probably didn't look at the case themselves before issuing a temporary suspension. Which means the defending player's deprived of his favorite game simply because he reacted naturally like human beings do.

2.) If players have been pointing out that they've been seeing cases with only 1 report in it [for verbal harassment in some of them, too -_-], then to me it seems possible [and likely] that people may make it to the Tribunal based on even one single solid report, from 1-4 players. The verbal Harassment rule is far too easy to break. If ALL players are held accountable for this, then this means bans are being handed out like free candy because it's inevitably going to happen. Not everybody's the same. Not everyone has the same capacity or level of "patience".

3.) If people spam punish, and Riot doesn't check up on it [all hundreds, or even thousands of cases that're generated daily], then who's stopping the Tribunal from automatically banning the players [esp. those accused of verbal harassment]?

4.) I happen to think that they go with the majority vote, and tag the minority as "wrong". If this process applies, then insta-punishers can essentially get away with murder [figuratively speaking, ofc...].

Conclusion: If the things I've pointed out are true, then reported players are in for quite a ban-ride!

Mísanthropic

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraSprite View Post
Wow I left the country on business for a week and you are still here crying? Spouting baseless assumptions? Personally I use it correctly and pardon plenty. As long as there are those of us using the system correctly all the crying about why can't I behave like a spoiled child aren't going to do anything.

Your tears fill the crystal blue lagoon of my dreams.
You should have stayed out of the country; it would greatly benefit the latter. ...and "personally", I don't give a sh*!t how you use the Tribunal. Everything that comes from your mouth needs toilet paper, cuz you sir are full of it.

...and ew, you dream of crystal blue lagoons? You would... cuz you're a H0M0.

Troll harder. I'm not tired yet. I'll be tired after I die.

...and inb4 "I'llkilluthen" and/or "cantw8tiludie" jokes.

Nick78

07-07-2011

tribunal is dumb u cant punish those people they all did what we did like at least 1 time getting mad feeding etc ... you wont get ban for that.. it just to control the crowd to make them stop being so douch

UmbraSprite

07-07-2011

Here you go...

FemJesse

07-07-2011

Depends on how mad you get, how often and most importantly what you say. This game has a filter, so anything spicy is fine by me.. but once you tread into racial or prejudicial territory I think most players will be unforgiving. People are even reported for "friendly" use of "The N Word" and I hit the punish button for that! If I can't say it you can't say it!