How about a few additions to the chatlog?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Mainly, when a player disconnects/reconnects and when a player is killed (as well as by who). This would explain the abundance of seemingly random swearing that I see often in chatlogs, as well as how long someone disconnected (to judge whether it was intentional).

Mísanthropic

07-06-2011

It's hard to judge disconnects as intentional or unintentional unless the players themselves admit it in the chat log. If they don't admit to anything, and there're no recurring infractions over a short period of time, then you have no evidence, and judging "punish" would be baseless and abusive.

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

But you can see if they left after dying (aka ragequit) or some other instances, instead of just basing your judgement on reporter comments and what you infer from the chatlog.

lbgsloan

07-06-2011

Seeing if they actually disconnected would at least help with false reporting. Right now it's very easy to claim someone left during the last minutes of the game.

Wild Clocktopus

07-06-2011

well seeing someone DC after 2 deaths and never return would certainly indicate something to me.

TPOTK1NG

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
It's hard to judge disconnects as intentional or unintentional unless the players themselves admit it in the chat log. If they don't admit to anything, and there're no recurring infractions over a short period of time, then you have no evidence, and judging "punish" would be baseless and abusive.
im pretty sure most would be obvious death death DC, though sometimes it could just be random out of nowhere though I am sure from either chat log or something it would be noticeable.