Tribunal Still Not Working; Trolls in Every Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

07-06-2011

"The police aren't working, just last week I saw in the newspaper someone got murdered. WTF POLICE."

Unfortunately the logic of the OP makes no sense. No matter how many systems are in place, there are still going to be stupid people.

And to the free email thing.. no, as others have said, that's an awful idea.

Kaedan

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyedMonster View Post
My main email is a freemail.

This is a terrible idea.

Not all highschools have free mails. When I was in college I would never want riot to be sending me riot point emails to my school notice email. And maybe I am not the owner of the ISP I use.

Even if you're not the owner, the owner can set one up for you.

Why would it matter if Riot sent confirmation messages to your college email account?

You do have a point about not all high schools having emails, but if you have internet at home, you have an email address or can make one easily.

LargeSnorlax

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
Even if you're not the owner, the owner can set one up for you.

Why would it matter if Riot sent confirmation messages to your college email account?

You do have a point about not all high schools having emails, but if you have internet at home, you have an email address or can make one easily.
I can't agree with this, sorry Kaedan.

I use gmail for literally everything, from my work stuff, my personal stuff and my own business, I can't see why I'd want to work off of some awful IP based email.

What about people who are part of a network? Who rent/share dorms/apartments? Who don't *want* to use terrible IP based mail? Who move constantly or travel? It's just too sketchy a system.

Besides, how hard is it to spoof emails, really? Any 12 year old kid with a computer can find his way around an email based block.

IronBorn

07-06-2011

haha, since this thread went up just tonight I've had two troll games. a doran's blade veigar and a 0-9 ashe 10 minutes in the game.

Diamondragan

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
"The police aren't working, just last week I saw in the newspaper someone got murdered. WTF POLICE."
Ikr?

I suppose I would rather the Tribunal not even be here then. If there is no noticeable change in the behavior of players in general, then why have a system at all?

Given your absurd comparison, imagine for instance if there was a neighborhood plagued with criminal activity and lacked a police station. A year later, a police station gets put into the neighborhood. Two months after the station was established, criminal rates were exactly the same (if not higher) than before it even existed.

Is it wrong and hypocritical of one of the citizens to go to the station and say, "Things aren't getting any better," to the officers? According to you, that would be the eighth deadly sin!

And it is worse. Now people have something to abuse if they want, and a gateway to harass people for no reason some more. "REPOT FEEDR TRYND NOOB," and the like of which get said all of the time even if there is no offense (besides the harassment I just quoted) being committed.

So you know what? Crucify me. Hang me up there and make an example of my ignorance. Hell, ban me from the game because I think there are plenty of issues to go around and I feel it's my duty to remind the game publishers about them.

Do what you want; you cannot make me feel as though I have wronged the community by doing what I know to be fair and just.

/iamdisappoint

Kaedan

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
I can't agree with this, sorry Kaedan.

I use gmail for literally everything, from my work stuff, my personal stuff and my own business, I can't see why I'd want to work off of some awful IP based email.

What about people who are part of a network? Who rent/share dorms/apartments? Who don't *want* to use terrible IP based mail? Who move constantly or travel? It's just too sketchy a system.

Besides, how hard is it to spoof emails, really? Any 12 year old kid with a computer can find his way around an email based block.

You don't have to use the email. Just have access to it. I mean, if you want to be minimal about it, you'd just have to check it once the first time you make the account (they would have to add a verification system).

Alternatively, I could alter the idea and say you need to verify a non-freemail email when you create the account but after you have verified it on that account, you could then change the email to a freemail account. That would solve any possible problem that arises.

Anyone who has access to an internet connection (legally) can get an ISP based email. You'd have to use it once, then never have to touch it again. How is this a bad idea?

LargeSnorlax

07-07-2011

I just don't see what you'd be doing by making a verification email ISP based. If I wanted, I could make 20 different email addresses on my ISP, any ISP worth their salt gives you at least 5 since like, 1993.

Out of any verification system you could possibly choose to eliminate trolls, email is probably the easiest one to step around and ignore. Honestly, you're going to have a hard time having a set system to *eliminate* people being idiots on the internet other than a literal fulltime moderation team and/or things like the tribunal.

As usual though, no system's going to be perfect, I just don't think email would do anything other than minorly harass people who are going to do it anyways, and that's already been done by making them create more accounts, what's another 2 lines of text for an email or two?

Coprofagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Too bad this has become the League of Trolls