concerning abusive language

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anbublackops

Junior Member

07-06-2011

so this is just me saying that i think people should not care what others say. and here is why, sure they gave you rules to follow and its all nice to follow them but they also gave you the option to turn off your language filter. and when you do and you see what some people say and you cry about it. i think that you should just shut up and turn your language filter back on because if you do not like what others say then stop crying ignore them and turn your language filter on because we will all say a word that someone else doesn't like.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-06-2011

Sadistic players care, and will punish you.

/Trollbulol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbublackops View Post
so this is just me saying that i think people should not care what others say. and here is why, sure they gave you rules to follow and its all nice to follow them but they also gave you the option to turn off your language filter. and when you do and you see what some people say and you cry about it. i think that you should just shut up and turn your language filter back on because if you do not like what others say then stop crying ignore them and turn your language filter on because we will all say a word that someone else doesn't like.
Even with language filter on the player can simply get around it, have you seen the filter? When you get a chance go look at it. You admit that its in the rules then follow it, I dont have a problem with it, but when its eff this eff that etc racial slurs, then there is a problem.

And just for Zeus "If you dont like the rules then why agree to follow them"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbublackops View Post
so this is just me saying that i think people should not care what others say. and here is why, sure they gave you rules to follow and its all nice to follow them but they also gave you the option to turn off your language filter. and when you do and you see what some people say and you cry about it. i think that you should just shut up and turn your language filter back on because if you do not like what others say then stop crying ignore them and turn your language filter on because we will all say a word that someone else doesn't like.
It's not just you that thinks that, however there are many many people who also disagree with you.

Ragers make the game worse for many people because they can't control themselves. The onus should be on the ragers to change, not the people reporting them, because in the end it's the ragers fault and in their control.

As for the language filter, its not the actual words that bother most people, but being harassed for having a bad game (and bad games happen to everybody, they're unavoidable). I don't like being harassed for the occasional bad game. Granted, I know how to deal with being harassed, but why should I have to?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anbublackops

Junior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnADreams View Post
It's not just you that thinks that, however there are many many people who also disagree with you.

Ragers make the game worse for many people because they can't control themselves. The onus should be on the ragers to change, not the people reporting them, because in the end it's the ragers fault and in their control.

As for the language filter, its not the actual words that bother most people, but being harassed for having a bad game (and bad games happen to everybody, they're unavoidable). I don't like being harassed for the occasional bad game. Granted, I know how to deal with being harassed, but why should I have to?
i dont bm people for having a bad game but i like to use my vocabulary once in a while i mean come on. it isn't a sin to say it is it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anbublackops

Junior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
Even with language filter on the player can simply get around it, have you seen the filter? When you get a chance go look at it. You admit that its in the rules then follow it, I dont have a problem with it, but when its eff this eff that etc racial slurs, then there is a problem.

And just for Zeus "If you dont like the rules then why agree to follow them"
i know what its like to have language filter on and how people can get around it but i wish people would stop caring so much about it i dont say **** as much as i would say dumbass in the game but i think people should just ignore them and stop crying about how it hurts them when you say a word.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbublackops View Post
i know what its like to have language filter on and how people can get around it but i wish people would stop caring so much about it i dont say **** as much as i would say dumbass in the game but i think people should just ignore them and stop crying about how it hurts them when you say a word.
Its not really that it hurts, its just very tiring to have somebody raging at you, ruins the experience. Overly saying an insult which involves cussing and such is really not needed. Thats the problem though people dont know when to stop, they think "you just need to get over it" and then continue to spit out insults.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbublackops View Post
i dont bm people for having a bad game but i like to use my vocabulary once in a while i mean come on. it isn't a sin to say it is it?
I mean, I wouldn't call it a sin, but it won't kill you to hold back and show some respect to your fellow player. The same kind of respect I assume you would want when you're dieing?

Edit: and to be clear, I don't care if you say something like "****, I can't believe that Ashe arrow hit me." That's fine. It's when you get into the "**** you noob" area that it begins to get unnecessary and harmful to the game.