Ryze, Balanced or UP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazedPorcupine

07-06-2011

After playing an intermediate bot game where almost any champ can easily get between 8-30 kills in 25-45 minutes, I found that Ryze, designed to be a mana based Mage Carry, has almost no early, mid, or late game, he has great harrassment but No slow, or crowd control other than his w or with rylai's. Ryze's Q and W both scale to his max mana and both have rather sad AP ratios. this makes it so that you have to farm like an AD carry, because you are no longer dependant on levels like most mages but mana granting Items. Sure you don't need much AP but since his AP ratios are so low you need AP items to get any sort of bonus damage from it. His spell range means that unless you are nearly right next to your opponent they will be able to escape from most of your spells. Since his W is a snare rather than a stun, your opponent is free to counter attack and depending on what the enemy champ is, Nuke you into oblivion (AP nuke), Stun you (most CC mages), Auto attack you to death with lifesteal (Ranged AD Carries), or just shrug it off (tanks with CC reduction). I propose a few small changes:

• Increase AP ratios on Q and W
  • increase the passive CDR from Q from 2%/lvl to 4%/lvl
  • increase the range of his Q and W by 75 units
  • increase his mana/lvl to tank like hp/lvl comparison
  • Increase the bonus mana from his ult from 75/150/225 to 125/250/375

these changes would allow Ryzes to actually have better Early game and Mid game which would allow them to get the items they need for late game.

If you believe Ryze is balanced then mention so rather than flaming. For the most part Ryze is balanced since most ryzes build a frozen heart to increase his damage and survivability but that extra 500 mana doesn't go very far considering how much frozen heart costs. A banshees or RoA gives nearly the same mana for much cheaper, and with RoA gives you some AP for extra power. Getting both is usually done but takes a long time and during that time you don't really have much killing power unless you have other AP/mana items already.

THB Beetle

07-06-2011

If you build stupid amounts of mana you will be able to red bar almost any champ 1v1 and with ur ulti on be able to do significant damage to the surrounding champs. But i do agree that he does not have much in the early or mid portion in his gameplay. I disagree that he is in fact very strong late game though.

Mathgrind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Ryze is amazing. My only problem with Ryze is that I can't press Q fast enough.