Why Karma is terrible.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunius Key

07-08-2011

She is very VERY good, but you really need to know how to play her. Yeah she is not a nuke mage, but can deal lots of damage with the explosion shield. She is amazing and do not need a buff. People who complain about it just don't know how to play with her.

ASYLUM101

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopei Viorel II View Post
Baiting with Karma doesn't really sound like that good of an idea.

First of all, she lacks hard CC OR an escape mechanism (other than Flash).
Using Mantra shield + mantra heal means you just wasted both your charges, and if the bait goes wrong your Spirit bond is too weak to keep you from dying.

Also, shield bombing is an INCREDIBLY noob tactic, please stop using it. I've seen peopel on mobafire advise it, and it's just a stupid idea.
Versus a lowby team, they'll probably back away, but on a skilled team, what will happen is:
You try to harass them with shield bomb.
-They realize you just put your shield on cooldwon, AND wasted a charge
-Now, you're AT MOST capable of a heal, and a weak spirit bond
-They Flash combo in, or rush you.
-You and your ally die
Well, when it stops working, I'll consider changing my tactic, but for now baiting as her works extremely well considering I build her tankyapcdr, so she can take a beating. With a shield and heal, I can survive pretty easily.

And shield bombing is a noob tactic? OK then. Range is quite far, and during lane it hits like a truck. I'm having no issues that you're trying to fabricate, so whatevs yo.

Anthemusa

07-08-2011

Karma is actually pretty good for casual play i dont recommend her for tournament level because she does not have a strong utility as a support or high damage out put as a Mage. In my opinion they should really remove the "Support" and add "Mage" instead because she does high damage for a support champ. Nidalee is a carry not a support (Heal that grants 60% atk spd. duh lol)
Would be better if they Increase her damage.

Joebertx

07-08-2011

More importantly what is her hair color?

KimTaeHwa

07-08-2011

saying karma's heal is weak is a big no no. Her heal towards late game is quite massive, maybe you just didnt play her correctly, and yea she is pretty dependant to her teammates imo

CoolHeroBro

07-08-2011

Buff her flat numbers, nerf her ratios, increase her attack range by 100 or so. Bada bing, bada boom, she's viable.

MoMunk

07-10-2011

bump

DeathKontrol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

+1. Karma has been an awful champ since day 1. thanks for the breakdown.

I remember when udyr came out that i thought it was completely ******ed for a character to not have an ulti. However, udyr works because all of his spells synergize with each other and he can build a large variety of items. Also, he can jungle. Karma, on the other hand, has THREE lay spells, and a pretty useless resource system (mantra). She also has basically nothing interesting, compared to the AoE stun or global heal. and your correct, spirit bond sucks.

I don't usually play support, but when i do, its soraka FTW

Harmannus

07-10-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ois2o...eature=related

what u mean karma not good support? situational if u ask me; pple need to keep fighting and not constantly run and let you behind, so you can heal them for more when they are low, and shield them while doing a ton of dammage on top of that

Azaraki Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Well, when it stops working, I'll consider changing my tactic, but for now baiting as her works extremely well considering I build her tankyapcdr, so she can take a beating. With a shield and heal, I can survive pretty easily.

And shield bombing is a noob tactic? OK then. Range is quite far, and during lane it hits like a truck. I'm having no issues that you're trying to fabricate, so whatevs yo.
It's range is also useful for taking down those who get a bit too greedy and stay in the lane for a bit too long. It's also nice against melee champs due to the fact that they generally stay a bit closer to your minions.

I personally use Karma, and depending on how you build her, she can be great. Some people mentioned her slow, shield, and heal could allow her to be used as a baiting character. She can also be used as a bit of an AP tank-support-thingy. I know I've definitely nuked with her before.

I do agree that the flat rate on her spells could be a touch higher, but she's a great addition to a team.