Yorik a serious debate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoBones

07-06-2011

Jungle yorick is terrible in my opinion, because none of his itemization issues are really helped by items you would normally pick up to jungle effectively.
He's not bad in lane though. Pretty much impossible to drive out of lane once his E gets going. Don't take manamune, learn to manage your mana instead of spamming like a noob. Philo stone + HoG early are the way to go, then grab boots3, Atma's, and see how the game is going. If you need to be tanky, grab warmogs for the giant health pool, force of nature or banshee's for your MR item if taking lots of AP damage, or thornmail if taking lots of AD. Then pick up a late game DPS item - frozen mallet or infinity edge or black cleaver, imho. Upgrade philo stone to elisa's miracle. Flash Ghost summoners. You are really hard to kill because of tankiness, your Q speed, your W slow, and your E lifesteal, and summoners. And you can chase because of all the same reasons.

brashorc

07-06-2011

Mas stacked up with other items I grabed such as bv that gave me mana, so Mas gave extra attack damage from those items. With just the latern and Mas I had nearly 200 attack damage, plus no shortage of mana. Further, spaming his skills is the only way to take advantage of his passive which makes him hit much harder with more ghosts out.

It worked with my play style of using him like a nuker with his skills. Which to me, he is basically like any sort of mage. I played him as such to great effect. Hide in the bush, pop out my three skills on the target. Auto attack and continue to spam, till:
1. the team gets a kill
2. they get away
3. It looks like a trap so I run like hell

Going straight dps with him would work for him with your play style, and again, how are you going to take advantage of his passive unless you keep the minions up?

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Everyone knows Sivir is the weakest champ

Cradum

07-06-2011

Yorick is the worst champion. He is the bottom of tier 4.

Other than a slow (pfft) Yorick has nothing going for him. I don't CARE if you did really well with him, that's cool, great, go away. The fact of the matter is, he fills absolutely NO roles, has NO initiation, has NO lane presence, has NO team composition synergy, has NO defining attributes about him (other than his mechanics, which, by the way, sucks at the moment).

TL;DR wait until he's buffed.

Xalerr

07-06-2011

He is essentially nunu with a hybrid zilian/ morde/ shaco ult. i dont know how many people have tried this but build him ad tanky, like you would build a nunu then ult bot your tryn/physical carry. You have a clone of them doing the same damage. Ever been hit by 2 tryns and the same time, it hurts. I do think he needs to be able to jungle because he would play like a smarter trundle. Give it some thought.

Tsiehta

07-06-2011

OP has only played 3 games as Yorick and all are custom games... self explanatory but how do you expect to have a "serious debate" about yorick when you havent even tried him really? Pathetic gtfo

Pyroxite

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brashorc View Post
Alright item build was latern, +3 boots, masumune to cover mana. From there, I built up some defensive items, like hextech to boost up my surviviblity and basically played a tanky dps.
For the guy who said you need help from teammates for the buffs: No, I did not need help. I had to go back as I was out of pots for healing and did not have enough mana to spam skills to take him down. After going back, I could get it just fine bymyself.
Champs like Fiddle, Udyr, Olaf, WW, etc. clear the jungle somewhere around the 4 minute mark, maybe a bit more. How long does it take you to be double buffed as Yorick?

Pyroxite

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLade View Post
OP has only played 3 games as Yorick and all are custom games... self explanatory but how do you expect to have a "serious debate" about yorick when you havent even tried him really? Pathetic gtfo
^^ Didn't even notice that. Way too many custom game heroes talking about champ balance on these forums.

Bassoid

07-06-2011

Whenever you see someone say : Yorick does not suck, its just you guys who dont know how to use him... You automatically know they are failing at logic, maths, gameplay skills, understanding of the game, and ultimately life.
Ive won a few games using Yorick , that really doesnt prove anything than the love ive had for a champ who costs me a weeks worth of playing of IP.
Yorick sucks, deffending him and saying he is good makes you automatically a bad lol player.

LoBones

07-06-2011

Honestly, he's underpowered but fun to play. Hopefully he gets a buff so he's both fun to play and at least average. Any build/item suggestions I offer are for people who just enjoy him, and want to maximize what there is as much as possible.