Armor for Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

melonexploder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Hi, if I am in a situation where I need armor for Nunu (against an AD heavy team etc.), should I choose Frozen Heart or Randuins and why? Thanks

EDIT: or Zhonya's?

Enoy

07-06-2011

Both have their advantages.

Frozen heart :
+mana
Bigger CD reduction
Attack speed reduction Aura ( so you don't have to be hit )

Randuins :
+health
+health regen
On hit slow "chance" on 3 sec timer
Activatable to be a burst AOE slow on 3 sec timer
Slow includes movement speed as well as attack speed

If you are good with activatable items ( I'm not ) then I like Randuins better. Unless you are starving for Mana due to teammates eating the blue buff.

Kody119

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

personally i would pick up a zhonya's hourglass for the extra AP giving your ult 250 more damage (i think)

but if i had to pick i would grab a randuins just cause while building it the heart of gold and the wardens mail both help alot in between fully building it.

melonexploder

07-06-2011

Thanks for the quick reply guys... I should probably consider Zhonya's as well

gregbot

07-06-2011

Zhonya's or frozen heart. I don't think Randuins is worth it because I'm pretty sure slows don't stack and you have a bunch of slow in your kit, preventing you from taking full advantage of the effects.

Zhonya's
The AP will give you more hp on consume, helping survivability.
The armor is useful.
The active is awesome. It really can turn the tides in a team fight if you use it at the right time.

Frozen Heart:
Twice as much armor as Zhonya's.
Attack speed slow is nice if you are getting focused.
CDR is super useful.

If you are building as a tank/support I would go with frozen heart. If you are building AP with survivability I would go with Zhonya's.