On why Nashor's Tooth is a bad (or average) item for Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeraph

04-13-2010

The CDR and mana are almost completely wasted. The mana, duh. But the CDR you ask? Well go play him, go do Q-E-R-W-Q or whatever your combo is. You run out of energy unless you have golem buff. Q is on a short enough cooldown. By the time you get to Q again after combo you are out of energy. CDR is just average on Kennen. It's not too bad for ult, but he needs it about as much as Ashe needs CDR. That is he should be focusing on other aspects.

NTs only good quality is its attack speed and AP. But its very expensive for that (and debatable how good attack speed is too, since fights usually happen in bursts.)

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

you are forgetting the 50% AS

Zeraph

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladee View Post
you are forgetting the 50% AS
No I'm not. Look at the 2nd paragraph. AS is decent, but its expensive for ASP and AP. It might be a decent pick if its your last slot, but its not even close to a core item like many people make it out to be.

EnderA

04-13-2010

I think Stinger would be justified, but not Nashor's. Seriously, 1140 for 40% attack speed and 10% CDR is a steal. Recurve for 40% attack speed costs 1050. That's 90 gold for 10% CDR.

Zeraph

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
I think Stinger would be justified, but not Nashor's. Seriously, 1140 for 40% attack speed and 10% CDR is a steal. Recurve for 40% attack speed costs 1050. That's 90 gold for 10% CDR.
I agree there. And then upgrade and save NT for your last slot if the game goes that far.

Its just I'm seeing some people get it as their 2nd or 3rd item right after boots.

Carados

04-13-2010

Wouldn't Rageblade be a better AP/AS item anyway?

CrushD

Recruiter

04-13-2010

I do not agree that the CDR is wasted oh Kennen. Unlike Shen, CDR is supported by Kennen by his passive, which returns energy to him when he stuns, and CDR makes it quicker to get 3 marks on multiple targets so it supports itself quite well.

EVO Crystalis

09-02-2011

I just played a game with Kennen and went 20/3/10. The build consisted of a Morello's Evil Tome and also a Nashors Tooth. This cause most of my Cd's (execpt ultimate) to be 3 secs or less. Making it extremely easy to get a kill quickly. CDR is not wasted on Kenen, but getting more AP is likely better for him.