Pantheon's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

Pantheon's ultimate is devastating if it hits especially during or at the end of a teamfight. If TF's ult is good Panth's is. Not to mention you can cancel it and it won't go on cooldown.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

I'm pretty sure enemies can only see the circle for the actual jump, so they have 3 seconds to get out.

What I do, is I wait for someone to attack one of my allies, then ambush them.

For example, I was at my fountain. buying. I saw my teammate, MF, was headed for dragon. She gets there, and Taric is heading to mid, so he's already right next to dragon.

Our mid has a champ in it, so I knew he wouldn't retreat that way. So I put my drop on the little lane heading to purple's blue buff golem. Worst case scenario, he runs to bot lane, and starts running back to his base, in which case I'll be right there in the jungle ready to pop out and attack him.

Sure enough, Taric, after realizing he can't 1v1 MF, stuns her and ran towards his jungle. I drop right on top of him, stun him and MF gets the kill after catching up.

You just have to anticipate a little better.

Another thing I do with him is, if I'm in top lane, I'll go into one of my bushes along the edge of the map, I then ult to the bush next to mid lane.
Gank positioning without the MIA call from the other team.

Then obviously, if you and your team is pushing a lane, but there's a big minion wave on one of your towers, you drop on it, get a bunch of gold and save a tower. Then just head back to the lane your team is pushing.

I also love using it to scare people away. If my carry is dying, I drop the circle right where they are headed, people run away from the circle, and my carry gets away.

And finally, it's great for reviving and rejoining a team battle. It can create a virtual 6v5 if you die in a team fight, you can revive, drop back into the fight and most likely win, considering you just got a free life in a pivotal team fight.

It has multiple uses. Don't just try to drop on people to get the damage, because chances are you're not getting it. Any damage it deals is bonus. It's main purpose is to give him elite mobility, support of other teammates and ganking ability.

PlsDontBMadatMe

07-06-2011

Is a global teleport that can clear a minon's wave thus u can push the lane and take some turrets...
It is NOT UP if you want to surprise someone his ulti is kinda useless but you can ulti baron and steal it(because it deals 1k damage, you just have to aim but baron doesn't move so that is really easy) and you don't even have to be close to baron. Is a global teleport and noway a global teleport is useless nor up.
His ulti is pant's best skill.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-06-2011

Why do people keep complaining about Panth? I think it was already enough often confirmed that he will get changed soon.

SotallyTober

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcup View Post
Even with the poor state of his ult, his main issue is with his stun and HSS.
I disagree with this, simply because people choose to play him his old way, they would first stun then heart seeker strike. Which in my opinion isn't the way to play him anymore. And for his ult, its amazing, I play him a lot, and his ult is just difficult to land, but if you do land it, which I do about 80% of the time, ON top of the enemies, it does massive damage.

And how I work his HSS, is just before I stun to hold them in place. If they are running towards me, use HSS first... they just don't expect, then auto attack a few times, spear, stun, HSS again.

It works.

- Noobsaibot18

Aria Sachou

07-06-2011

As a nocturne, me and my friends have a nice technique when fighting panth. In a teamfigh/gank and panth does his obvious ulti. we dont run. we surround the point where he poops up (if we drive away the team. When he pops out we pop a CC and then just eat him up FREE KILL FOR US WOOO

thepope289

07-06-2011

Panth's ult isn't really the weakest part of him. It isn't meant to be "MASSIVE DAMAGE U ALL DIE", but more of a strategic device. Now view my beautiful diagram.

EX:

T E X

T= turret
E= enemies
X= mandrop target

If the enemy is pushing onto a turret of yours, your first instinct is to mandrop right onto them and rape their faces yeah? This is where that 2 second big circle of doom ruins your day and they walk to the edge of the circle. What you should aim to do is create a "****ed if you do; ****ed if you don't situation" where the enemy can either avoid your circle, leaving them in turret range for longer than they want to be, or run through your circle and probably take a lot of damage from the mandrop.

Also, global presence is always powerful.

N0vaFlame

07-06-2011

His ult is great. Not counting the GLOBAL TELEPORT that was already mentioned, or the 1000 magic damage at the middle (second highest base damage in the game, by the way), you can actually use the big scary circle of doom to scare enemies away and stuff. So you can use it to gank, to split push, or just use it basically the same way you would use Nunu's ult- force the enemies to choose between running or taking massive damage.
Also, someone above said HSS was UP. In case you didn't notice, the AD scaling when you hit champions is absolutely absurd. If you manage to get all 5 hits in, which isn't all that hard if you use some cc, it has 4.0 total AD scaling. That's twice as much as any other skill in the ENTIRE GAME.

MonsterMatt1010

07-06-2011

Panth's ult, like Panth himself, is far better than most people give it credit for because most people either use him wrong or just lack the skill to use him effectively.

It's best used as area denial. If you're team is chasing someone/being chased, drop your ult a little ways (abuot 6 seconds) in front of the enemy. They will either stop as soon as they see the circle, allowing your team to get the kill/get away or run into it allowing you to get the kill/counter initiate.

Another great use for it is to drop it on a team fight just as the fight starts. As soon as the enemy sees the circle, they tend to have a moment of panic and scatter. This typically splits them up and puts them all out of position making for some very easy kills on unprotected squishies.

And, as for Panth having no DPS, if you have that issue it means you're just bad with him. The only time my damage lags behind is in mid game while I'm building my Warmog and Atma's. Late game, Q -> E is all it takes to kill a squishy.

Rekitsu