Suggestion for the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spectre543

07-05-2011

Something I feel could be incredibly helpful in the Tribunal is enabling Tribunal reviewers to make notes or bookmark (or both) specific games that show some of the worst behavior for the particular case. Sometimes, when an in-game chat is extremely long, some reviewers may see something that others may miss.

For example, racial slurs are virtually auto punish for me (unless someone else used a racial slur aimed at the reviewee first). Some people who don't take the tribunal as seriously may simply skim over the chat log and completely miss such language. As a result, he or she might vote to pardon when they should actually vote to punish.

Mísanthropic

07-05-2011

Why suggest Riot go through all that trouble of adding all of that useless gunk when players are just going to click punish, ??????, and profit anyway?

Mattix111

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre543 View Post
Something I feel could be incredibly helpful in the Tribunal is enabling Tribunal reviewers to make notes or bookmark (or both) specific games that show some of the worst behavior for the particular case. Sometimes, when an in-game chat is extremely long, some reviewers may see something that others may miss.

For example, racial slurs are virtually auto punish for me (unless someone else used a racial slur aimed at the reviewee first). Some people who don't take the tribunal as seriously may simply skim over the chat log and completely miss such language. As a result, he or she might vote to pardon when they should actually vote to punish.
That's the big problem, is not everyone is offended by the same things as one another. I don't think the N word etc should even be allowed to be typed, language filter or not. What practical application can anyone find for it? I don't see a specific game mechanic it refers too, it's certainly not constructive or beneficial. It would also severely reduce the volume of reports and cases if any and all racial slurs were stricken from the "LoL vernacular". It doesn't make sense to have a problem that deeply offends some people, and to shrug it off in a fit of apathy and hindsight because AFTER the game and WEEKS from now they MIGHT have their case go to the tribunal. Meanwhile negating the damage that was done by someone being called the n word for not turret diving or something.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke... why the hell aren't you fixing it?" - A confused man in his underpants