Wtf is wrong with udyr?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTUNA

07-05-2011

Why is it that no matter how well i play early game he seems to taper off and fail miserably no matter what during mid to late game. this is pure ****. im pissed off i spent that much ip on a champ that turns into a chow factory 15 mins into a game.

someone want to clue me in on why the fk such a seemingly rounded champ turns into mush and garbage?

The7fingeredman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

You must build him wrong

Prometheius

07-05-2011

I see your build. You're trying to make him on-hit DPS. Stop doing that.

Tanky DPS. Wriggles + Sunfire + Bveil + Merc Treads. Far more stable build that doesn't leave you squishy as hell while you proc off mad DPS from sunfire + Phoenix.

If you're going more for fast kills, then focus on Tiger and get a BT instead of Wriggles.

thelost1

07-05-2011

udyr is far from garbage ive seen udyrs that can tank and kill whole teams go find someone in high elo that mains him and ask for a custom game and learn from him

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

he's great and all only thing that sucks about him is his only engagement skill is a mini movement speed buff that means ppl can kit u over and over easily so usually the udyrs i see get defensive items instead of pure damage for their shield.

iTUNA

07-06-2011

thanks for the help guys . more defensive building does seem to work. i think my problem was cc. seemed like cc and boom nuked dead. i just tried FoN and SV after SotD for jax. works great.

Telitha

07-06-2011

Stick with it Udyr takes practice to use well. I build that build above except I get Bloodrazor instead of Wriggles if I get a couple early kills in either case your getting madred's razors early. FoN is a good option also for the move speed.

Udyr's Passive is very strong adding both offense and defense per stack with attack speed and dodge and like Sona you can have several activation effects in play at once so keep swapping. I can't really give you a set rotation of stances or anything as it changes based on what's happening, like if they're attacking you you'll want to rotate turtle stance in a lot more than you would otherwise. Swapping through Bear, Tiger and Phoenix does amazing damage when they are leaving you alone and swapping back and forth through bear and turtle can allow you to kite like a boss even allowing you a stun if someone tries to flash into you. Takes practice to know what to use when but keep rolling over those stances to stay alive, if that passive stack falls off in a fight you're not swapping anywhere near often enough, it should never ever fall off unless you oom (mana regen/level yellows will save you here). Once you stun in bear for example there is no excuse for staying in it you can't stun again right away so swap through phoenix or tiger whichever is higher to turtle and back to bear to stun again for a 1v1.

Once you know what to do you can do crazy stuff like chase down 3 fleeing targets kill one and kite the other two back to your team or fight a rolling retreat down the entire length of a lane to get them back to your team while putting some damage on them so when you turn around they get roflstomped by your team. It'll happen but it takes good situational awareness and a lot of practice, good luck.

Tweek Tweakk

07-06-2011

i'll tell what's wrong with udyr!!! he's a crazy animal, human, shapeshifting maniac that chases me through the jungle!

Mooi

07-06-2011

Well been playing alot of udyr recently and im really enjoying him i go for a dps carry build on udyr. Rough breakdown

This is pretty much my core build with him, generally i know its a sin but i take tiger stance over pheonix stance and jungle with him. Get someone to leesh golem if they are not already there skill up order for me is as follows

Tiger
Turtle
Turtle
Bear
Tiger

After this i priotise turtle>bear>tiger i find 2 points in tiger is plenty early game to wreck face and maxing out bear after turtle lets you not only engage abit faster but is useful for escaping.

The build below once you got ghostblade if you have blue buff you can spam bear stance and keep up your bear movement speed increase with no downtime.

Wriggles lantern
Boots of Swiftness
Ghostblade
Trinity Force

Impawsible

07-06-2011

Boots of swiftness is always a no no. Specially on someone like udyr. If you don't get merc treads, expect to get Cced and become useless.