Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furionthion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

When?

Furionthion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Needs a "Restore Defaults" for Recommended Items.

Viperious

09-13-2012

Your layout looks amazing and is so much easier to navigate. There is many times I'm playing a tank or off-tank and I really need to pick up 2 stats. This layout would be easier to see my choices rather then just picking one stat and scanning the list for the other. To be honest I'm use to the current shop enough that I don't have problems navigating it but I see many new players struggle with that.

Korgwar

09-14-2012

I'm guessing implementing these types of changes has been low priority, since they haven't made it into the game yet, but the thoughts involved are great. An overhaul of the shop would certainly be welcome. I think it should tie in to an overhaul of the game's champions screen in the profile as well though, if saved items build lists can be created per champion. Setting those before the game starts is an obvious time-saver. Build lists per champ that are loadable in-game would be fantastic.

Situational item changes are obviuosly necessary in the game, but simplifying the recommended items list in-game needs to be foolproof if it's going to be customizable. Perhaps simply pressing the number keys while having your mouse over the item would be enough to load that item instead of a save/remove feature. A simple revert action marker beside each slot to reload the last item in there could be useful also (undo), and certainly - allow in-game saves of the build list you create during the game.

Buybacks should be free for those poor unfortunate souls who misclick an item and sell it, and selling items just purchased should be possible at full price.

The shop-keeper himself should be animated in the menu and chat you up in-game (with a squelch feature option). Having him suggest, verbally and/or visually, items that might work well for your character would be hillarious. He cold even provide a discount if you buy his suggestion.

The shopkeeper himself should fight alongside the tower at enemy champs if they come in range (not a hud feature, I realize, but really - he's standing right there!).

Item grid options would be nice, as opposed to the list. Having the entire list available on one screen beats scrolling.

Nidaros

09-18-2012

This Current Inventory and Sell Mechanics, with the meaning "it's difficult to sell items" needs adressing. At least fix it so that if I have an item selected when I recall I can sell it by clicking the sell button when I arrive at the fountain, without having to click the item again.

migty1joe

09-18-2012

How many years untill this is live?
Also you can add item group for small basic items and advanced items.

EdgarAlanPWN88

11-05-2012

Shameless Necro for an awesome thread.

3mptylord

11-06-2012

Wow, I loved that the fourth one automatically filtered items that applied to multiple categories!

It also highlights items that have unruley niches. Tick Attack, Magic and Defence... Tiamat. Because of the health and mana regen it is considered a magic and defence item. :P

There should be 8 recommended item slots. And I think consumables should be a column at the side, and not part of the main item list.

3rdStorm

11-06-2012

I like #4 of those options. but I must say I still kinda like the old one to. Maybe there could be a "use advanced item shop" option in the options menu.