Item Shop Redesign / Mockup

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sp4rKz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Awesome work... engage this guy riot D:

bump

Kurvel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

I'm still in love with this idea. So for so awesome! We all know that Riot is immune to GREAT ideas. If nobody cared (by that I mean if a Riot staff member thought it was cool before everybody else did) it might get some attention.

IzzyOttr

10-20-2011

this is the best thing in the entire world

PaulerBear

10-20-2011

I +1 this idea! It is amazing!

Duce Bohogren

10-24-2011

I LOVE this shop UI, and I applaud all the effort that you put into these superb mock ups.

I will say though, that I do not like the current filter implementation. It feels slow and clunky compared to the rest of the shop. This is mostly caused by the sliding drop down menus. Not only does it require multiple clicks to enable/disable the options that you want, but the moving elements are visually jarring. There is much real estate available at the top of the shop, I do not see why it is necessary to have drop downs in the first place. A much cleaner and faster way of navigating would to just use an open style interface like the one used on the items page of the http://na.leagueoflegends.com/items (cut out version attached for redundancy). If space is managed properly, all of this and the other filters (which you have kindly added) should fit.

I'm also not a fan of the "back" button next to the search, as it doesn't take you back one page, it takes you to the "home" screen (removes all filters). Personally, I think that the old shop's home button makes more sense, and you should just use that.

Another feature that I like a lot, but I feel is implemented wrong is the search function. It seems silly to have a pop-up dialogue (with an incredibly tiny close button), when there is so much space already available. It would be much simpler to have the text box for the search always open to the left of the button.

Anyway... This is still absolutely incredible. I hope to god they update the shop soon.

Forbiddian

10-29-2011

Why is this not being worked on?

Inishi

10-30-2011

Awesome.

jediscience

11-03-2011

customization seems to be something the community wants and this design is able to provide that to a degree without straying off of the original shop style, well done.

chromedarkfire

11-29-2011

this looks great. i would love to see riot use this. its very clean and easy to use and get around on. and it keeps the feel and simplicity of the one now. i support this fully

PvtWalker

11-30-2011

Supported!