Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Entire Team Using Revive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yakbutter

04-13-2010

I was just thinking if an entire team used Revive, wouldn't that be uber? After a brutal team fight, 4 on each side are dead, but everyone on one team has Revive, BAM, game over!!! it would only work if the team was on vent or working well together so they would all have revive ready at the same time.. but it seems like a undefeatable strategy..

Eppa

04-13-2010

it wouldn't be 4v4 dead since one team had 5 less summoner spells

Sarpati

04-13-2010

Undefeatable? Good luck with that. As mentioned above, you'd already set yourself to lose said team fights because you would be missing 5 potentially game changing spells.

That and it would only work that way for very long games. You know, the ones where everyone gets level 18. Before then, unless you all also had Teleport (or Pantheon, TF and Shen), it wouldn't leave enough time to get back to a lane and push it for the win unless you actually aced the enemy team and the one person alive could go far enough to breach their base. Sure, you'd likely get an inhibitor and change the pace of the game, but after that, the enemy team would have an inherent advantage over you for the next 6-9 minutes, without worrying about another Revive push.

The only way I see Revive even remotely useful as a team-wide spell is when you're already dominating the game and just want to end it faster.

Summoner9449

04-13-2010

While we are on the topic... Why not have everyone on your team get a Gurdian Angel? & have someone play Zillean...

yakbutter

04-13-2010

How bout the team with the revives turtles up and waits for the enemy to get frustrated and attack them at their turret?? that is a strong advantage to help make up for the missing summoner spells.. besides, lots of people pick spells that are most often used as an escape mechanism or chase mechanism, surely those aren't as game changing in a 5 on 5. Meh, it was a beautiful dream while it lasted, for 5 minutes.

koolmoedee

04-13-2010

too situational to ever actually be viable =/

Æzeal

04-13-2010

Sounds funny. Go find a team and try it on mine. I'd like to see the results as you all run to your deaths (again).

Agility

Recruiter

04-13-2010

How about you all suicide into turrets at level 1 (make sure the enemy DOES NOT hit you) and then all cast revive.

The advantage is the enemy will think you are NOT afraid of death and will avoid team fights.

MageRage

04-13-2010

I think it just sounds like a bad idea having so many abilities that you HAVE to die in order to be used. It just doesn't seem very encouraging basing your strategy off dying.

Zezaru

Recruiter

04-13-2010

I think everyone should just be able to do something after they die..Anivia, Karthus, Zilean, Shaco with GA, and someone else with GA :P