The Codex Metallicus: A guide to Mordekaiser.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosLoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

Great guide but a few recomendation :
i) grab SV over warden's first coz it has synergy with his ulti and makes it worth it investing pots during early to mid game (a few health pots does wonder for mord ) and your shield can eliminate most physical damage(provided u do enough damgage to cover the shield lost) , its the magical damage u should be worried
ii) getting tank items early for mord is not utilising his shield's full potential(useful ONLY at early to mid game) . The scenarios are during laning phase (lvl 1-6)
Scenario 1 : >3 kills (or enough gold for bf)
i usually get bf sword ->>bloodthirster ->sheen (u can 1vs2 against average players with a single bf sword early provided no stunners involve , this build usualy end the game here) if not followed by frozen mallet(because they find out the power of mord and avoid u)->guardian angel
Scenario 2 : 3 kills< (not enough gold for bf)
get frozen mallet->situational items(depending on what your team needs : tank items as you suggest or more firepower centered around blood and sheen)

Scenario 1 : strategy surround you pushing lanes and baiting your opponents in ambushes(a great pusher that can kill champs is no joke) , flaw is u get shut down by stun
Scenario 2: focuses on you roaming with your team , flaw is will more team relient

ChaosLoki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

And boots whenever u need them : merc boots(heavy cc team) , boots of swiftness , sorc boots(for magic penetration) .

PS: another flaw with my build is the sheen , i usualy build it into triforce but it is redundant with frozen( i like the atk speed and movement speed on tri but i also like the 100% slow and extra health from frozen , so....)

SyeBlaze

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadephobiac View Post
lame
I love the constructive criticism in this post.

It has every thing it needs... oh wait.

You don't play Mordekaiser, or any tanks...

And I was able to read all but one of your posts as post previews. You don't think before you post, do you, son?

iKickBunnies

06-24-2010

Ive been following this build for nearly 30 games, and its great. Last game of the night yesterday i went 17-3-20 ^^

alsowikk

07-04-2010

This alone has inspired me to play Mordekraiser(great guide!)

Darah

07-15-2010

I've been following your guide, but now I'm trying to modify it to suit my needs. I got 2 orders in mind, which one's best in your opinion?
Also, I'm not really sure of the order in which I should buy those items.

1)
Bead + 6 pots at start
Boots of Speed
Spirit Visage/Warden's Mail
Merc/Ninja Boots
Warden's Mail/Spirit Visage
Abyssal Scepter
Rylai's (This is when normal games end)
Guardian Angel
Randuin's Omen

2)
Bead + 6 pots at start
Boots of Speed
Spirit Visage/Warden's Mail
Merc/Ninja Boots
Warden's Mail/Spirit Visage
Frozen Mallet (This is when normal games end)
Stark's
Guardian Angel
Randuin's Omen

alsowikk

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadephobiac View Post
lame
Be more constructive with your critiscism

Sykomyke

07-15-2010

I went 20-2-17 last night with Mordekaiser. Currently I change my build up based on who I play and what I feel like I'll need in the beginning.

If I'm playing a team of heroes that could possibly go AP, but definitely has some AP heavy users I'll get Regrowth Pendant and build that into a FoN later on. If they have an even number of heroes that may end up going AP or AD, I'll grab the bead and then convert it into either SV or WM depending on how the enemy builds themselves.

Most of the time I end up getting either Mercury Treads for heavy caster/CC teams and Ninja Tabi for AD teams. However, sometimes I get Boots3 for the extra movespeed since he is rather flimsy if he can't get away.

SecretlyRambo

07-15-2010

Funny, this is almost identical to the way I play Morde.

The main difference is that I usually get Rylai's instead of Frozen Mallet. I don't stack AP Morde, but I find that the spell slows to just be more useful than slowing per hit, given that Creeping Death becomes a slow aura and CotG becomes a long duration slow. To each their own.

I used to build Warmogs on a number of characters, but over the past month of playing I've become disillusioned with it. Health really doesn't do that much at all by itself....

A shame that I discovered this guide *after* the change to Haunting Guise. I would like to have used it and then roll faces - or shall we say rock faces - even harder.

Good guide, anyway. I'd say you put some thought into it even if it wasn't the way I play Metal.

Sykomyke

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlyRambo View Post
Funny, this is almost identical to the way I play Morde.

The main difference is that I usually get Rylai's instead of Frozen Mallet. I don't stack AP Morde, but I find that the spell slows to just be more useful than slowing per hit, given that Creeping Death becomes a slow aura and CotG becomes a long duration slow. To each their own.

I used to build Warmogs on a number of characters, but over the past month of playing I've become disillusioned with it. Health really doesn't do that much at all by itself....

A shame that I discovered this guide *after* the change to Haunting Guise. I would like to have used it and then roll faces - or shall we say rock faces - even harder.

Good guide, anyway. I'd say you put some thought into it even if it wasn't the way I play Metal.
Interesting, I'll have to switch it up and start using rylais instead of frozen mallet.