The Codex Metallicus: A guide to Mordekaiser.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mapekz

05-04-2010

@Chocolope

Can you link Laharic's build so we can all see how it compares?

omgacow

05-04-2010

Your guide is weak, why the hell would you get 6 health pots. You only need 1 and 2

Haunting guise is meh unless you are going AP morde(WICH IS RAPE)

ALWAYS GET SPIRIT VISAGE

DreamyDays

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
Your guide is weak, why the hell would you get 6 health pots. You only need 1 and 2

Haunting guise is meh unless you are going AP morde(WICH IS RAPE)

ALWAYS GET SPIRIT VISAGE
6 health pots allow you to farm up to Spirit Visage without leaving your lane once, against virtually any lane combinations. Usually you can get boots as well, on a single trip
It also lets you push the lane to their tower and give them 50% discount on gold income.
If your lanemate is range DPS, then you can take the tower down more often than you might think.

If you have leftover potions after you get SV, just use it whenever you feel like it
You have the shield that stops damage to your health, so health potions are useful even in mid-game.

Haunting Guise is quite nice for any Mordekaiser.
Lovely MPen, good. Some HP, good. Some AP, I don't need it, but it doesn't do me harm.
Also, it practically cuts the cost of spells to 25%, which is a nice bonus.
Lastly, SV + HG + ult is really profitable

If you can find a place to put it in your build, I'd recommend it.
I get HG if my farming is going well AND the major teamfight is not coming too fast.
I get it as my third item (after boot 1) or fourth item (after Phage), usually.

And yeah, SV is GREAT on Mordekaiser.
I get it as my first item, unless the enemies are ALL physical-only characters.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyDays View Post
6 health pots allow you to farm up to Spirit Visage without leaving your lane once, against virtually any lane combinations. Usually you can get boots as well, on a single trip
It also lets you push the lane to their tower and give them 50% discount on gold income.
If your lanemate is range DPS, then you can take the tower down more often than you might think.

If you have leftover potions after you get SV, just use it whenever you feel like it
You have the shield that stops damage to your health, so health potions are useful even in mid-game.

Haunting Guise is quite nice for any Mordekaiser.
Lovely MPen, good. Some HP, good. Some AP, I don't need it, but it doesn't do me harm.
Also, it practically cuts the cost of spells to 25%, which is a nice bonus.
Lastly, SV + HG + ult is really profitable

If you can find a place to put it in your build, I'd recommend it.
I get HG if my farming is going well AND the major teamfight is not coming too fast.
I get it as my third item (after boot 1) or fourth item (after Phage), usually.

And yeah, SV is GREAT on Mordekaiser.
I get it as my first item, unless the enemies are ALL physical-only characters.
What he said. I get spirit visage almost every game, even against physical only characters (every physical character has SOME magic damage, even Garen). However, if the damage balance is towards physical, I get it a little later.

My only wish is that it built into something.

I always get haunting guise, though I've recently been playing around with selling it for a aura item late game, when it's usefulness is less, like Stark's Fervor. I haven't had the chance to try it out, but it might be a more effective item over all. As I said in the guide, I think it really depends on your style. If you find yourself auto attacking a lot, go ahead and get starks instead of haunting guise. Just remember that starks costs a hellova lot more.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you guys are enjoying the guide.

NJ Fury S

05-06-2010

Haunting guise is **** in my opinion...and boots dont always have to be merc treads sorc boots add dmg to your skills WHICH in turn make your shield recharge faster so thats the best item for mostly physical teams

randuins omen i usually open up with then i get the boots and then SV make some mad health gain and after that its pretty much open you can either go stack sunfire capes and stand in a lane AND own their children with crazy Aura dmg with creeping death plus capes. or you could go for more of a dirrect dmg with the starks and frozen mallet...thats why kaiser is boss cause he is lexible as hell

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Fury S View Post
Haunting guise is **** in my opinion...and boots dont always have to be merc treads sorc boots add dmg to your skills WHICH in turn make your shield recharge faster so thats the best item for mostly physical teams

randuins omen i usually open up with then i get the boots and then SV make some mad health gain and after that its pretty much open you can either go stack sunfire capes and stand in a lane AND own their children with crazy Aura dmg with creeping death plus capes. or you could go for more of a dirrect dmg with the starks and frozen mallet...thats why kaiser is boss cause he is lexible as hell
Indeed. Very flexible.

I might try something of a flavor on your idea, here.

For stun heavy teams, it might behoove one to grab quicksilver sash and sorc boots instead of haunting guise and merc treads. The over all effect is the same: Magic penetration, magic resist, move two, a cleanse instead of a stun reduction, but it doesn't give your life leach off your spells.

It would be worth testing.

Redenbacher

05-18-2010

I appreciate the guide, and I'm going to have to try it out. I play a very aggressive Mordekaiser, and have recently been running:

Doran's Shield + HP Pot
Mercury Treads
FoN
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape
Atma's Impaler OR Frozen Mallet

I push and push and push, I farm like mad, and will typically have both Sunfires by the end of a 30-40 minute game. Any longer and I get the Atma's or FM. I know FoN takes significantly longer than the other, cheaper alternatives, however I find that it keeps me farming and in battle much longer. I can take on multiple team fights (at full HP) without running because of the huge regeneration. However, it should also be noted that I don't rely on the shield as much as this guide does. I typically max Creeping Death first, alongside SoD for shield generation. As long as there's 4 or more targets, slapping on level 5 CD will fill up the shield very fast, and deal a hurting on everything around you, and increase your defense.

The price is irrelevant, I find, as Mord is such a fantastic farmer. Taking champions 2 on 1 never gets old either. The 2x Sunfire combined with Creeping Death makes me enough of a target worth focusing, and I usually am. Tack on the 155+ MR and 200+ Armor and I'm insanely hard to kill.

Regardless, this is just another way to play - I'm not saying it's better, as I've been dying to give HG a run. I'll give this build a try soon too, thanks for the advice

Icy0406

05-18-2010

awesome guide, I've won many games playing my mord the way you suggested. I've had some great teams and a lot of times had more kills then our carry did.
my build consists of:
spirit visage, mercury treads, guise, Guardian, Omen, and usual a situational item like thornmail or force of nature.
The CDR I get is just 5% shy of the max I think and the mag. pen. is amazing too.
thanks alot for the great guide and all the ideas.

xXDARKLORDBANEXx

05-18-2010

good guide

SyeBlaze

05-18-2010

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be running a major update of the guide after the next patch, me thinks.