The Codex Metallicus: A guide to Mordekaiser.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamyDays

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stship View Post
since the change +spell vamp , i use it every time i play mord. my build is identical to yours, +phage later to frozen mallet.

my usual build.
starting item
-doran shield+pot (with max defense masteries you got 680+ health.. i think.)
main item -
Haunting Guise - is a must
thornmail - depends .. > 2 melee dps? go for it
phage > later to mallet if you have the time. (trust me this will help you smash them in the face)
merc boots - the best defense against mage or boot of mobility.
warden mail - this can be swap with your haunting guise for the first item.
anything else except warmog (for once it not about the extra hp issue , its costly!!! )/mana item. lol

ignite+CoG+haunting guise = win!

=D

i never fail with this build , i found tank mord will carry your team most of the time.
Well, I do agree that HG is a nice item.
But I just can't seem to find a good timing to fit it in.....

I usually rush SV, boot, Phage, Boot 2 (I always use Cleanse, so usually Sorcerer's), FM.
Rushing SV provides some protection against mages, gives CDR, health regeneration AND 25% healing/regen bonus (btw does this bonus apply to potions?)
I think that getting FM/Rylai quick is really important, because that is the only form of CC Morde is ever going to get. (unless there comes an item that can stun/blind/whatever)

By the time FM is ready, enemy physical heroes will start getting damage items (finished BT and working on the second BF sword, I guess?), so I need to prepare for that....

And by THAT time, I personally feel that it is a bit late to get HG, because most of its bonuses will be lackluster. Because I will have prepared for the physical heroes' full build, it will be late game. IMO there are more urgent things to get, such as more MR if enemy mages are nagging, auras for the team, etc.

So, exactly when do you make HG?

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyDays View Post
Well, I do agree that HG is a nice item.
But I just can't seem to find a good timing to fit it in.....

I usually rush SV, boot, Phage, Boot 2 (I always use Cleanse, so usually Sorcerer's), FM.
Rushing SV provides some protection against mages, gives CDR, health regeneration AND 25% healing/regen bonus (btw does this bonus apply to potions?)
I think that getting FM/Rylai quick is really important, because that is the only form of CC Morde is ever going to get. (unless there comes an item that can stun/blind/whatever)

By the time FM is ready, enemy physical heroes will start getting damage items (finished BT and working on the second BF sword, I guess?), so I need to prepare for that....

And by THAT time, I personally feel that it is a bit late to get HG, because most of its bonuses will be lackluster. Because I will have prepared for the physical heroes' full build, it will be late game. IMO there are more urgent things to get, such as more MR if enemy mages are nagging, auras for the team, etc.

So, exactly when do you make HG?
Third item. I don't rely on CC, or make sure my allies can get it off if I need it.
FM is usually my fourth item, unless I need Moar Tankyness, at which point it is fifth.

Magic penetration is extremely powerful on mordekaiser, and I generally see a difference right away. If they start stacking MR, it might be a good idea to sell it for a Stark's Fervor instead. I dunno, haven't had the opportunity to test that idea out, but it seems sound.

DreamyDays

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyeBlaze View Post
Third item. I don't rely on CC, or make sure my allies can get it off if I need it.
FM is usually my fourth item, unless I need Moar Tankyness, at which point it is fifth.

Magic penetration is extremely powerful on mordekaiser, and I generally see a difference right away. If they start stacking MR, it might be a good idea to sell it for a Stark's Fervor instead. I dunno, haven't had the opportunity to test that idea out, but it seems sound.
Hmm.
I will try Phage->Sorc->HG->FM next time.
Hopefully it will give me FM in time for the Big Battle.....

If it does, I might change my build permanently lol

Enigmax

04-19-2010

Hi everyone,

I read the topic and I'm glad I'm not the only one playing without a build tank on Mordekaiser..

I usually go on these (Hybrid spec) :

1 (3). Rejuvenation Bead which is a big deal because you can spam your spells at the beginning without having any health issues (add some pots and it'll work fine).

2. Classic boots. Then upgrade. I used to go on Mercury's but with Rylai's, Swiftness boots seem like a better option to run behind your enemies with your slow shield.

3 (1). Spirit Visage for CDR, Regen etc.

4-5. Hauting guise. This is incredibly useful, I mean, in gangs, with your abilities increasing Mordekaiser's shield and also life leaching, Morde becomes a war machine .

4-5. Rylai's. Rylai's is much better than Frozen Mallet in my opinion, because each spell has that slow effect. It gives you a permanent slow with your shield on you or any other allies if you stick close enough to your enemy and if he uses cleanse, you'll still get him with your siphon. It also stacks with ultimate, each tic gives you a slow... What else? I don't deny Frozen mallet could be also useful but, I think Rylai makes Mordekaiser an awesome ally and gives him the crowd control he never had.

Q : Is this a waste to go on Rylai's ? Should I be making Warden and some cheaper stuff ? FM ?

This was my feedback, thx 4 reading and sorry for my english, I'm a french pal .

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-19-2010

Rylais vs Frozen Mallet is interesting, because they both have their strong points.
Rylais will mean that no matter what, your enemies can't get away, because just running next to them will slow.
Frozen mallet gives you a powerful melee slow which will keep an enemy in range provided you can close range first. However, frozen mallet works with your children of the grave, where rylais will not.

On the same note, you can achieve a similar effect with red buff to that of frozen mallet, but not with rylais.

GuyGin

04-19-2010

Having tried both, I would say that the mallet slow is just significantly better than Rylia's. Rylia's is what, 10% (I know the slowing factor is much lower for aoe spells which all of his are.)? Unless you bought swiftness boots, still pretty easy to outrun morde with alot of champs.

I love focusing on abilities with morde but in terms of slowing and my experience, the extra slow from the mace is just much more effective.

Lately I haven't been going either though. I usually just let people run away from me.
I generally just hate buying an item only for it's combine effect also. the 20 damage / 70 AP of the items is negligable, and the HP while not terrible is just a huge expense.

For morde, hands down the best way to increase your survivability is through armor / avoidance, not through stacking HP. Same reason I don't like Warmogs on morde... So it boils down to spending 3k gold on a slow, which I think is just a tad excessive.

Enigmax

04-19-2010

Yea it's about 15% slow for AoE spells. Maybe I'll try with FM then .

Another Q : Which set for quints?

Flat regen ? Flat Health.. CDR/lvl ? MP ?

Cya.

GuyGin

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmax View Post

Cya.
Mpen are probably the best, but I use 2x flat hps and 1 mpen as it's just my generic "caster" set.

Runner up is prob dodge or move speed.

Yellow Jester

04-19-2010

Guardian Angel = be tank and keep stacks. There ya go.

SyeBlaze

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmax View Post

Cya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGin View Post
Mpen are probably the best, but I use 2x flat hps and 1 mpen as it's just my generic "caster" set.

Runner up is prob dodge or move speed.
Basically this. I myself run a quint each of health, magic penetration, and cooldown reduction. I'm tempted to remove the CDR, as it doesn't help as much as putting another health quint in there.

The spell pen is important, however, as it gets you to that key 30 Magic pen with just one item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
Guardian Angel = be tank and keep stacks. There ya go.
Guardian Angel is definitely part of my build. I haven't really considered running it earlier (Everything I get is usually required by the time I get it)
However, it you were to get FoN, Boots, Leviathan (and maybe mejais), then Guardian Angel, it might be a good way of doing it. It's still the fourth item, and you might be forgoing some earlier damage, but the Force of Nature alongside Leviathan will probably net you about the same regen and survivability as getting the second regen armor (Wardens Mail, Soul Shroud).

You could then go for Haunting Guise at this point, or Frozen Mallet.

I think it might limit some options, and your damage reduction will definitely be lower until you get 20 stacks. At this point, it should be more damage reduction against magic, and about the same against physical.

It's essentially a gamble that you're going to be able to get 20 stacks on the Leviathan.

Which Might be great and all, but sometimes you aren't getting kills. It's wasted space and money, so...

Take that where you will. People will find builds that work better for them. I hope they do, as it would be annoying to fight a carbon copy of myself down the line :P