The Codex Metallicus: A guide to Mordekaiser.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

updated guide for S1

Carewarwuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

i dont agree with masteries and runes, imho 9/0/21 and magic pen marks, magic resist per lvl glyhps and movespeed quints are much better.

Chocolate Knight

07-22-2010

Nice guide!

RailBladerX

07-22-2010

Lol I don't give a **** what u say, ill get more kills, and help my team more with sunfire stacked capes, i also do not agree with your rune set up. Those runes are great'n'all but to small too make a huge difference. Runes for morde are more devious then with any other champ; they can make or break your Morde. I would go with flat magic, and flat armor with magic pen, and 3 quints for flat hp for the 97 hp. (or the extra magic pen)

i will use this an an example.
i fought a mirror i was morde my team was Garen Olaf.

the other team was the same except instead of garen they had shaco.

he went the whole tank-to usless Randuin route... i went MagicPen boots >hp belt>sunfire> force of nature > sunfire... and same last 2 items every morde gets but after my second sunfire the team surrenderd. Now after our third battle it was clear to me that we didn't kill their morde, but we did cripple him, and kill his team mates off (i came out of that match with most dmg done.) Now i could never fight there morde on a 1v1 but the whole point of this game is team fight, and with that said i could kill His team faster then he could kill ours....

Slough Monster

07-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailBladerX View Post
Lol I don't give a **** what u say, ill get more kills, and help my team more with sunfire stacked capes, i also do not agree with your rune set up. Those runes are great'n'all but to small too make a huge difference. Runes for morde are more devious then with any other champ; they can make or break your Morde. I would go with flat magic, and flat armor with magic pen, and 3 quints for flat hp for the 97 hp. (or the extra magic pen)

i will use this an an example.
i fought a mirror i was morde my team was Garen Olaf.

the other team was the same except instead of garen they had shaco.

he went the whole tank-to usless Randuin route... i went MagicPen boots >hp belt>sunfire> force of nature > sunfire... and same last 2 items every morde gets but after my second sunfire the team surrenderd. Now after our third battle it was clear to me that we didn't kill their morde, but we did cripple him, and kill his team mates off (i came out of that match with most dmg done.) Now i could never fight there morde on a 1v1 but the whole point of this game is team fight, and with that said i could kill His team faster then he could kill ours....

Thats great and all, but lets say that I slow you with randuin and mallet. If my team is smart then you have no option but to attack me, as you have no spells ranged enough the hit them(besides CoTG, which you probably arnt going to waste on a full health ally, no matter how much squishy) and sunfire just hits immediately around you(not to mention that magic resist severely gimps your build, leaving you with only the armor and health), while my team beats the **** of you, or just ignores you and kills your team. Also, if you are doing your role as tank, you probably arn't very close to your team(other then melee dps) and you are now unable to help them, being unable to move due my slowing effects and any stuns that may be on you.

Now I don't mean to insult your build, if it works well for you, then great, continue using it by all means. I just mean to point out that there are more ways to build morde then stacking sunfires (which isn't very imaginative, let alone effective).

VraFen

07-24-2010

I agree with most of this guide besides the masteries and the rant about Sunfires.

Also, Sloo, if you have to get in melee range to land an auto attack for your Frozen to proc, congrats. You just got raped in the ass.

The whole point in playing against Sunfire Morde is to NOT get close to him. I don't care if you're an extremely tanky Morde, you will still take damage and my team mates can easily attack yours whilst your team focuses me. Unless your Morde somehow does enough damage to take me on.

The only time I'm actually useless in teamfights is if the enemy team proceeds to stunlock me. (As in, Tibbers + Rune cage + Enchanted Arrow + Bear Stance. Obviously not exactly this but something along the lines.)

Also, Sye, Mallet gives you 700 HP, whilst two Sunfires gives you around 900 not to mention gives 90 armor. Is 200 more HP really that bad enough to warrant a Bloodrazor?

That being said, I have tried this build. It works for sure, just not my play style.

Otherwise, nice guide. :P

Glaedren

08-09-2010

You guys arguing for Sunfires really don't get the way Mordekaiser works as a tank. Shield >>>>>>>>>>>>> HP always and forever.

Now, there are three things that keep shield up (which *gasp* just so happen to have been covered already in the *****in guide you are criticizing). Those three things are: CDR, Spell Pen (AP to a lesser extent), and Damage Reduction. The CDR and the Spell Pen take care of making the shield go up. Spam those abilities and those abilities should be hitting hard.

As a side note, if you have Randuin's Omen and Spirit Visage as well as the correct masteries and runes then you will be just shy of the CDR cap (40%). The other way to keep your shield up is damage reduction.

Or as Sye put it, being more metal.

You reduce incoming damage with Armor and Magic Resistance. If there is a single Mundo, Warwick or any other % damage attacker or ANYONE whatsoever with a Madred's Bloodrazor then getting a ton of hit points actually INCREASES the total damage you take.

But wait! Isn't there armor on Sunfire Capes? Sure there is, but as I just said, HP increases the total damage you take, in other words at best it's a wash, at worst it means death. There are other items with armor that are significantly better than Sunfire Capes for you. Thornmail and Randuin's Omen are the two best but Mord is a great Aura character, an Aegis would not go amiss as well. Getting ripped apart before you're metal enough? You could get a Guardian Angel, lots of armor and some sweet sweet MR too.

The more damage you mitigate the longer your shield lasts, the longer your shield lasts the longer you have to spam abilities to keep your shield maxed and so on and so forth. At some point unless the enemy team just way outdamages yours you should be able to keep your shield up indefinitely, or at least long enough for your team to rip the other apart.

Oh, and a little word on Madred's Bloodrazor. Yes, it can rip tanks apart. Yes that can include Mord, even if you don't take a bunch of HP. But keep this in mind: when attacked by someone with Bloodrazor the computer calculates 4% of your total HP and turns that into an on hit bonus when the enemy hits you. This bonus damage isn't true damage, it's magic, meaning it's reduced by MR just like every other spell. So if you're a properly built METAL Mord then that physical attacker's auto-attacks shouldn't be hitting for beans... and their MBR proc shouldn't be hitting for beans.

Laugh in their face and make a cute little pet out of them.

Redenbacher

08-09-2010

2x Sunfire builds work, and so do CDR builds, I've tried them both, I love them both. It all depends on the enemy I'm facing, and what my team needs. I feel that Mordekaiser is not a proactive champion, but more so a reactive champion. I'm constantly checking enemy item builds and picking what I think will counter them. The one thing that makes Mordekaiser so much fun, and interesting, is that he doesn't need a single core build that will crush every game... he can use many items that benefit him, and should pick and choose those items directly against what the enemy is picking.

I tend to lean towards the CDR build myself, but sometimes, dealing a passive 120 AoE DPS, while having over 200 armor and MR and over 10k effective HP (before the shield) is just a really good time. Think of it what you will, it works. I won't say it's better or worse than the CDR build, but it still works.

Krosscut

09-01-2010

Followed this and won my first match, mord is awesome. Thanks!

Zealot644

09-02-2010

ANOTHER mordekaiser guide...what have I started lol?

Lots of this I agree with, and some of it I dont but it was decent.

Call me ******ed, but heres the link to my guide lol http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=229494