Let's talk Singed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gam0n

01-03-2011

I bought Singed two days ago. I love him, he's awesome. I build him tank/dps in every game I play competitively, and I even messed around in a custom game to get to around 600 AP.

But I have been taking the "reccomended items" every game, simply because I don't really know how to itemize him.

This was how I'm doing it at the moment:

- Boots >>>> Boots of swiftness or sometimes Merc treads or Sorcerer's shoes.
- Catalyst of the protector >>> Rod of the ages
- Sunfire Cape
Then I usually get Force of nature and if the game doesn't end and I still have gold I go for Zhonya's Ring.

I don't think this is optimal, so could anyone help out? It doesn't have to be a tanking or dps build per say, just one that's effective.

Thanks any input is welcome

Gam0n

01-03-2011

bump

Gam0n

01-03-2011

bump

hydrogencar

01-03-2011

Don't bump every couple of minutes.
I like to start with Dorans, then Catalyst. Shoes. Catalyst --> Rod of Ages.

If I'm facing casters the next item is obviously Banshees. Then Randuins. Then Force of Nature/Guardians.

If I'm facing physical it's Randuins/Sunfire/Frozen Brain/Guardians.

If I'm facing a balanced mix it's RoA/Banshees/Randuins/Zhonjas

There's really no reason to get Sunfire first instead of Randuins, the active is insane.

I pwnz u now

01-03-2011

I went early Rod before, not so much anymore. I do Doran's Shield -> Boots -> Catalyst -> Rylai /an amazing item to up your CC into awesome/. From then on make that Catalyst either a RoA or a Veil. I may get tank items in between. I go merc threads 85% of my games, even though I run Cleanse.

DrDragun

01-03-2011

I like to start with boots, ward, pot OR boots and 3 pots OR mana crystal and 2 pots depending on if we plan to counterjungle or not and what the anticipated lanes are.

I think BoS and RoA are fantastic items on him. I end up doing about a 5 minute farming period with boots 3 and Catalyst and this is where Singed starts to feel really strong in lane. I usually hate giving up the catalyst when I finish RoA but it's a great item and gives you some seriously thick hitpoints. After that, Abyssal Scepter is great for boosting your poison damage since MR Reduct is better than AP with Singed ratios. FoN and Shurelya's Reverie are also great.

I guess Sunfire is okay, but unlike other tanks it doesn't help his farming too much since he already has great farming. For an armor item I would consider Frozen Heart instead because it works well with his passive and cuts down on those 15 sec cooldown.s

Wulgreth

01-03-2011

Boots (Merc, 95% of the time)
ROA
Rylais
After that it depends. Usually, I am not getting focused so I build more AP/team utility (Abyssal Scepter). If I AM getting focused, I build defense accordingly (GA, FON).

But there are tons of singed guides, why not read them?

Mystfyre

01-03-2011

1) Regrowth Pendant -> Philosopher's Stone (gives you great staying power and allows you to play aggressively, I only get it early). Getting the stone is optional, but the RG is amazing against good harassers, AKA most champions.
2) Catalyst
3) Boots 1
4) Rod of Ages
5) Boots 3
6) Force of Nature
7) Rylai's
8) Banshee's Veil/Abyssal Sceptar/Randuin's Omen/Zhonya's Ring/Thornmail
9) Banshee's Veil/Abyssal Sceptar/Randuin's Omen/Zhonya's Ring/Thornmail

Last two depend on who you're fighting. I normally get a Banshee's Veil as the 5th item, followed by either a Zhonya's Ring or Abyssal Sceptar. I only build armor if I'm up against a strong physical dps carry that can chase well, i.e. Yi or Tryndamere. Because of your mobility, you shouldn't be standing around taking hits a lot. With Rylai's you can kite well enough to negate most sustained DPS. Also, your ultimate gives armor, but not magic resist.

The quicker you build your rod, the more effective your mid game will be. If you can get it by 15 minutes, which is doable if you aren't shut down (I usually get by 16 minutes at the latest + philosopher's stone if the lane isn't nasty). The Force of Nature rounds out your weakness, magic resist, while giving you a speed boost (a must if you're initiating). With Rylai's your damage becomes highly significant on squishies, and you have a constant disable (also stacks with Wax for double slow).

I always build Boots 3 (I like running), but I also always take Cleanse. Combining runes, masteries, boots and the FoN, you should have a base movement speed of 462 or so, meaning only a handful of Champions can get away from you consistantly.

I never build Sunfire Capes, as the passive is mostly wasted due to Singed normally running in and out of the fray trying to spread his poison. I think it'd be better to just get another AP item. Subtitute this with the Rylai's.

Soft White

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystfyre View Post
1) Regrowth Pendant -> Philosopher's Stone (gives you great staying power and allows you to play aggressively, I only get it early). Getting the stone is optional, but the RG is amazing against good harassers, AKA most champions.
2) Catalyst
3) Boots 1
4) Rod of Ages
5) Boots 3
6) Force of Nature
7) Rylai's
8) Banshee's Veil/Abyssal Sceptar/Randuin's Omen/Zhonya's Ring/Thornmail
9) Banshee's Veil/Abyssal Sceptar/Randuin's Omen/Zhonya's Ring/Thornmail

Last two depend on who you're fighting. I normally get a Banshee's Veil as the 5th item, followed by either a Zhonya's Ring or Abyssal Sceptar. I only build armor if I'm up against a strong physical dps carry that can chase well, i.e. Yi or Tryndamere. Because of your mobility, you shouldn't be standing around taking hits a lot. With Rylai's you can kite well enough to negate most sustained DPS. Also, your ultimate gives armor, but not magic resist.

The quicker you build your rod, the more effective your mid game will be. If you can get it by 15 minutes, which is doable if you aren't shut down (I usually get by 16 minutes at the latest + philosopher's stone if the lane isn't nasty). The Force of Nature rounds out your weakness, magic resist, while giving you a speed boost (a must if you're initiating). With Rylai's your damage becomes highly significant on squishies, and you have a constant disable (also stacks with Wax for double slow).

I always build Boots 3 (I like running), but I also always take Cleanse. Combining runes, masteries, boots and the FoN, you should have a base movement speed of 462 or so, meaning only a handful of Champions can get away from you consistantly.

I never build Sunfire Capes, as the passive is mostly wasted due to Singed normally running in and out of the fray trying to spread his poison. I think it'd be better to just get another AP item. Subtitute this with the Rylai's.
I build very similar to this.

RoA
Boots of Swiftness
Force of Nature
Frozen Heart/Randuins/Sunfire ( I like Frozen Heart for the mass armor/slight CDR for Fling/and the health from passive.)
Rylai's- time to pick up more damage to make yourself threatening. Slow effect is troll with Singed.
Rylai

Bumbah

01-03-2011

Rush RoA and Boots 3
Then get FoN
Then GA
Then Abysal Scepter
Then more AP (Rylais, Zhonya) or more Tank items (BV, sunfire, Randuins) depending on how the game has gone