Zerkers vs Mercs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burbinator

01-02-2011

Hey, i have a question for all of you. In one of my games, as ashe, i went 2x dorans, zerkers, IE. I did this because they had so many stuns on their team. Amumu, ww, anivia, alistar, sivir.

But wait! you say. If they have so much cc, then treads is OBVIOUSLY the answer, isn't it?

Well, in my opinion, if they have THAT much cc, then it doens't matter whether 2 seconds goes to 1.3 seconds, they're going to chain cc me and i'm dead no matter what, because god knows if i don't build dps we're going to get 0 kills on our team (late game banshees is obvious to prevent that 1st stun from landing in the first place, but game ended before then and rushing it is a bad idea). Alistar's headbutt into their team doesn't get reduced by merc treads, anivia's wall duration doesnt get reduced by merc treads, ww's ult doesnt get reduced by merc treads. And who else but the carry is going to be the prime target, especially for ww? Either way, i have a feeling that mumu -> alistar -> anivia i'm dead within seconds, every time.

in my mind, the only way to counter this was with proper positioning. Zerk boots was good because it's very cheap (we were already losing) and a very cost effective dps, overall.

I suppose swiftness actually would've been IDEAL for best positioning, but still, the idea is that getting hit by ANY stun will kill me because they can chain cc so god**** much. Getting caught by amumu is death, regardless of merc treads or not. So instead I build to optimize the time i'm NOT getting cc'ed.

Even though i go 3-3-10 (least deaths, most supports on my team) people are still flaming me for not getting treads though.

What are your thoughts? Should I have gotten the treads anyway, and why?

locke03

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2011

I take a similar stance when I play Miss Fortune. Unless someone is feeding me or it is a long game, I can't really afford resistance/HP items along with my DPS items so if I get CC'ed I'm likely dead unless the rest of the team is there to pull them off me so I usually take Boots of Swiftness or Mobility to insure that I can run away before I get CC'ed all to hell.

ALCie

01-02-2011

If they stun you for 2 seconds and you have treads, you can now attack for 0.7s more. Maybe flash backwards after and continue attacking.

There are many other options for attack speed, no other options for CC reduction. It's invaluable.

SoFFacet

01-02-2011

Greaves is pretty standard now. Some people didn't notice and still think its bad. Its like Revive/Smite Eve.

duck knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-02-2011

Since there are so many CC
The problem is not about the boot.
It's about quicksilver sash and cleanse and flash

VCJunky

01-02-2011

I like Boots3 on Ashe. It helps with the "proper positioning" you mentioned, and also helps you kite out of range of their stuns.

Burbinator

01-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCie View Post
If they stun you for 2 seconds and you have treads, you can now attack for 0.7s more. Maybe flash backwards after and continue attacking.

There are many other options for attack speed, no other options for CC reduction. It's invaluable.
More like i flash/ghost so i DONT get cc'ed in the first place. You should be using flsah to help your positioning so you don't get stuck in the first place. Waiting after you get stunned at all is going to get you raped (they have those 1.3 seconds to close the distance... and they have flash too)

@ duck that's true, quicksilversash would've been good. But like i said, game ended not too long after i finished IE...

ImIndustructible

01-03-2011

emm, Ashe buy a Zerker and no more MR.
Does this imply that any caster with Sorc boot will deal true damage from abilities?

Draik

01-03-2011

having merc means getting half of your hp away from a meteor or not in the case of veigar.

really, if there are a lot of stuns no matter your dps you will die if they chain cc you anyways. but well i understand your thoughts; a lot of time, the extra as will help you land more hits than merc. thats why i usually go mercs only on tanks and if i really get to need it as the carry i would probably get banshees or quick silver slash.

Nizari Ismailis

01-03-2011

you can't account for the X factor in pvp. X=player skill/team comp/player items. by building items that fit needs you give yourself and easier variable in X to deal with. when one of those items happens to be boots(which are not the most expensive items) you are ignoring the X factor. Banshees Vail and Quick Silver Sash are both great survival items if your core items are built. By purchasing Merc Treds you would have filled a survival item and a core item in tier two boots. the game is solely based off team work. your items depict how much of a Threat you are for your team. By not gearing up for the X you are in essence not helping your team be a threat. By giving yourself the best possible options for success you would be able to build accordingly to the items needed or not needed.

this is just my two cents...