I'll be honest, I stopped doing Tribunal because it wasn't worth my time.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Diesel

07-05-2011

When Tribunal was first implemented, I thought that it was great and used it to my advantage. I used to say, "why would you guys want to worry about what you're getting paid for this, the service to our community should be enough.." Now, however I find my attitude towards Tribunal different.

Simply because ... there's just not enough incentive.

I could spend hours doing tribunal, and get as much IP as a first win of the day.

30 minutes > 2 hours.

I think that as far as Tribunal goes, it's not going to work as well as Riot thinks it will, if the incentive doesn't start to get better for people. I have not noticed a difference thusfar in the troll / feeder player base, which makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

Elanis420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2011

I hope they remove all rewards from the Tribunal system, or not give out any until you have about 100 correct ones. It will definitely prevent people spamming punish instead of actually reading all of the game logs.

Also, nobody cares that you won't do it. There are other people willing to be helpful instead of trying to actually earn stuff from doing this.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

The monetary reward is low, and sure I'd love if we got 50 IP per case, but the real reward is when a huge ******bag gets banned. I do it as much as I can because I don't want to play with these people, and I don't want other people to have to play with them either. Knowing that some of them can't play anymore makes it all worthwhile.

The IP is a nice bonus, it usually piles up quite a bit and every once in awhile I get a decent sized boost for little effort.

pollmaster

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanis420 View Post
spamming punish instead of actually reading all of the game
This is the problem with the rewards. Most people I've spoken with say they just want the small IP boost, and spam punish for every case.

Falleng0d

07-05-2011

Its funny. Half the people on the forum think 5ip is too little and want more and the other half thinks 5ip is too much and that there should be no reward lol.

I wouldnt mind having it raised to 10ip per case myself, but that is the greedy side of me. Its fine where its at I think.

People who think there should be no reward cause people spam "punish", you fail to see the fact that if there was no reward, people would spam "punish" cause why not? Some of you people should learn how the tribunal actually works. You actually cannot spam "punish" over time cause your vote rating drops significantly as well as having your cases reduced all the way down to 2 per day. Spamming punish is a non-issue and will only hurt those doing it....Thus, there is no reason to remove ip...

Icuonuez

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollmaster View Post
This is the problem with the rewards. Most people I've spoken with say they just want the small IP boost, and spam punish for every case.
I'm actually helpful with my judgements on The Tribunal. The problem is, I haven't earned a single reward, and i've read and judged every case to what they deserved. Now while I do believe you should at least take the time to make sure your trial is actually found guilty, I've found exactly two pardonable cases. The rest were actual offenders, abusing other players, having unacceptable names, and leaving their games for no reason at all. But I agree with the guy who made this thread. There is absolutely no incentive, and if it doesn't change, the tribunal will fail.

Multifire

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Diesel View Post
When Tribunal was first implemented, I thought that it was great and used it to my advantage. I used to say, "why would you guys want to worry about what you're getting paid for this, the service to our community should be enough.." Now, however I find my attitude towards Tribunal different.

Simply because ... there's just not enough incentive.

I could spend hours doing tribunal, and get as much IP as a first win of the day.

30 minutes > 2 hours.

I think that as far as Tribunal goes, it's not going to work as well as Riot thinks it will, if the incentive doesn't start to get better for people. I have not noticed a difference thusfar in the troll / feeder player base, which makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.
I agree, I stopped too.