Riot employees enable these problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattix111

07-05-2011

If you don't want to read a wall of text, turn back now.

Honestly Riot is enabling and creating half of these problems. I don't understand the practical application for racist remarks in or outside of the game. So why are they allowed? If swearing is also an offense, why is there a language filter? I'm aware its all relative and if you're playing a game with you're friends perhaps using a few curse words isn't really an issue. Realistically though where is the application? Where is the justification for the N word to be allowed to be sent when someone hits enter? There is none. Plainly and simply Riot is doubling their report volume because of this silly practice in futility. I don't care who you are, what you think you know, where you grew up... YOU DO NOT NEED TO TYPE any racist remark, any obscenity, any remark EVEN RELATED to a sexual, offensive or down right deplorable topic. I could create a catalog of words that have no place,use, or application in LoL, and yet everyday I can't even picture the sheer volume of reports related to this topic.

So now I challenge a Riot employee, to justify this. Anyway you want, if you think the N word has some validity in this game, here's your chance to share your genius opinion with the world. IF you think saying F#%& or SH#% also has some kind of relative nature to how LoL is played, again share it anyway you so choose. If not why are you allowing/enabling all of this fighting and petty reporting to continue? And now you've given authority to random members of the community with no pre-conceived notions of that person or that game. YES a lot of people DO deserve punishment, yes there is TONS of people who do troll/provoke/go out of their way to be a-holes when it's truly not warranted.

BUT there's also a lot of people who play the game, get yelled at/sworn at/berated, for not tower diving at level one-two. These people than continue to listen to this abuse, before they finally snap and start commenting back on this persons intelligence. The person who originally decided to start cursing, because his stupidity wasn't being exemplified, will than call this person a troll and ask for the ENTIRE other team to report them for trolling. Now you've got 5 reports on one person, and regardless of what the chat logs say, you can't guarantee that there is going to be a fair and valid judgement made. Especially because you're handing cases to people who potentially cause as many problems as there apparently about to resolve. I watched the video on the tribunal and laughed when the employee said "Oh this is my friend, I dont feel right judging him so I'll pass." The fact that you truly believe that's how that scenario will play out astounds me. To think that a company thats basis is the internet would be so naive to trust strangers to uphold some code of ethics for a video game... it's just bewildering.

In reality, if you don't want racist obscenities, swearing, than the option is simple. Take the language filter option out and permanently apply it to the game. I don't need to hear someone say sh!@ for me to play, or f#%* or a$$. None of it's necessary or even relevant to any factor of game play. It being allowed to continue while we crucify people for doing it, is one of the LARGEST practices in futility I have ever seen. Like I said, I'll check this post to see if any Riot employee can justify this in anyway. I mean ANYWAY, if you want to relate using the N word in game to some kind of social equality movement, or freedom of speech or political correctness, I'm all ears/eyes.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

I can't control my behavior therefore its Riots fault!

I have the same problem, why does the government enable drunk driving by building roads WTF. with no roads and no cars people couldn't drink and drive, problem solved.

Thanks government for enabling drinking and driving.

Mísanthropic

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpicos View Post
I report everyone I can because I can while punishing all my cases, and get rewarded for it. It's all Riot's fault!

Mattix111

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpicos View Post

I have the same problem, why does the government enable drunk driving by building roads WTF. with no roads and no cars people couldn't drink and drive, problem solved.

Thanks government for enabling drinking and driving.
What a ridiculous argument. You completely negate the factor of personal responsibility. Especially because drunk driving is a choice made by a moron, me being misrepresented in the tribunal because a troll either likes what I said and forgives me, despite me deserving punishment; Or a tree hugging liberal punishing me because I stood up for myself, is not. I'm trying to find the relevance or the correlation between a choice made individually by someone and an entire practice of uncontrollable variables. I can easily not get into my car when I'm drunk, I can't control someone reporting me because I didn't feed the turret at level 3 trying to get one kill. Come back when you have something valid to add.

IronBorn

07-05-2011

Riot set the tribunal up so they wouldn't have to waste hundreds of man hours on something so frivolous. Why should they waste their money and time when they can have their tax deductible slave army do their job for them.

They are a f2p company after all. This idea was ingenious. If anything they need to take out "Verbal Abuse" and "Vulgar Language" from the report function. Children need to make up their own mind whether to turn filter on or off or just /ignore bad behavior. Too many wet blankets ingame and in society these days getting special treatment because, "sniffle...he hurt my feelings."

You would be surprised the amount of reports that some people get just from trash talking because they're winning and the losing team tries to "get even" by getting them all banned. ESPECIALLY if that losing team is premade. Of course they're going to do it then. Say what you will about trash talking but it happens, grow some skin.

I've read through so many "vulgar" and "verbal abuse" reports and all that it amounts to is, "hahaha noob, fail gank." "lololol, stole your baron, thx." "uninstall the game, you so bad!" etc. That one person is going to get reported if they're sore enough, let alone if it's 3 or 4 friends losing. Not even necessarily for language. They could straight up report leaving the game/afk and "Tribunal Scanners" would see that as a major case 'AGAINST' and move on to the next game overview. Unless they read the chat log and figured out when the last time they chatted was compared to how long the game lasted since there isn't ANYTHING in the log to say otherwise.

Which is another terrible frame of mind when playing this game. "You are guilty until you prove your innocence." I end all my "iffy" games by typing out every players name and score to basically show that I WASN'T feeding and to prove that I neither left OR went AFK for our precious tribunal. That still requires the player base to actually read a chat log...I'm still screwed.

/end sperg Cool system Riot.

There is truly bad language happening. I'm not denying that, but for every nicka and flucktard reported that truly needs banning there are countless wet blankets crying wolf. It's sad really. The system set up to punish these players is destroyed by the ones with an agenda.

tl;dr Get rid of Offensive Language as a reporting function and force people to use the filter or make them grow a pair and /ignore bad behavior. Choices need to be made and precedents need to be set. You can't keep staying neutral like this in the eyes of the community. Look how that's worked with Yorick. haha!