Low elo playstyle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobzorus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

I don't want to complain about the mystical place that is "ELO hell", just needs some types to get my elo up. My best champ is cait with a support bottom. I feel that I always win my lane as I have a dominate cs lead and maybe a kill by 15 minutes. Although even if I am destroying my lane, I lose because other lanes are playing hyper-aggressive and kills are getting thrown out like crazy.

So at my elo (1300-1400) should I not be playing the passive playstyle that I see the pros playing? I would think playing like this would better set me up for playing well in higher elo. Or should I just play an ap carry like annie, and just not care about cs and just go crazy mid and gank 24/7?

DoomManufact

07-05-2011

Hotshotgg said AD carries are the most useful in low ELO because people are worse about focusing them down, so you have enough time to do way more damage than a bursty AP carry would be able to do in that same time.

iP1ayJarvan

07-05-2011

1300 isnt exactly low, you're around mid-elo there. elo hell is the 800s when you get full ap teams who get raped later on by a single galio, or those yi's running on rampage without any CC to stop him. 1 thing is team comp isnt particularly important in low elo, and DO NOT jungle. your top will autofail the 1v2 lane and mess the game up for you. having a support may be nice for you in lane but not advisable because the rest of the team wont appreciate the support and continue being bad, even if you did good with the support in lane, you're better off with more firepower on the team.

Hiclic

07-05-2011

If kills are seriously rampant and you're way ahead on CS, try roaming and getting them for yourself. The more XP and gold you can deny opponents the better, the gold you get for doing it is just gravy. If you can down a tower you greatly disadvantage your opponents' ability to lane.