Avoiding Alistar ganks in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GraveMaker17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

So I was watching Saintvicious's stream earlier, where he was like, teaching this player how to become better I guess... And he was playing Ap roaming/jungling Alistar.

It was Annie (his team) vs Kennen in mid, and he says to the Annie "You ready? Stun up?" He goes "Yup." And then Alistar comes from BEHIND the turret and flashes in, headbutts, knockup/stuns, and is absolutely fine cuz of his ulti.

My question is, how is the Kennen supposed to NOT get exposed like that? He was RIGHT in front of his turret... How is it okay for a level (9? I think) Alistar to tank the tower for an almost full hp Kennen to die, and come out with over half health? And how do you stop this?
If it's been asked before, I apologize, but I really am curious, as I have trouble with Ali myself.

Edit: I coulda sworn this was General discussion when I posted lmao. Moving it there for more replies.

Vernaferous

07-05-2011

dont go mid (Cant think of anything O.o)

Condatis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

Wards

Lots and lots and lots and lots of wards...

Youknow what, just send Janna mid

-shifty glance-

Preference One

07-05-2011

/d and grab a beer

Brandon816

07-05-2011

If you see it coming? Try to go for the side jungle, away from Alistar (assuming you have flash too, maybe even ghost as well). I'm pretty sure that Annie on their own isn't enough to kill a nearly full health enemy, unless you fed them.

Preference One

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon816 View Post
If you see it coming? Try to go for the side jungle, away from Alistar (assuming you have flash too). I'm pretty sure that Annie on their own isn't enough to kill a nearly full health enemy, unless you fed them.
yea but annie can just stun and wait for ali to get there

GraveMaker17

07-05-2011

How do you see it coming? You'd have to ward your OWN jungle EARLY game for that. People don't even ward ENEMY jungle early lmao. And so what if you see it coming? You're only safe behind your SECOND tower then, so what does that mean? Annie gets to free farm while you get no exp? She's certainly gonna win the lane.

The Kennen lived, but that's because SV overestimated the Annie's damage. She ALMOST got him from full health(Ap Ali hurts too @__@) he had a little over a bar left. But that's from FULL health at his TOWER... Imagine if the Annie was better, or had AP runes(Afterwards SV said that they would have gotten that kill if Annie had the runes)

It just seems ridiculous @__@ Anyone have an actual counter for it yet?

imnotbono

07-05-2011

Banshee's/Flash/a champ with short range tele. Also, moving laterally screws up Ali's headbutt, so redirect where you are being headbutted by repositioning. You'll still get punted, sure, but you can avoid being punted where ali wants you to go by moving perpendicular to his approach.

In this case, the Ali is coming from behind turret? Move towards the further jungle so that if Ali punts, you go through a wall and are safe (for the time being). Or if Ken's Ult is up, run *towards* Ali in lightning mode and get behind him.

Other than that, I'm of the opinion that any team that doesn't have someone who can force a kill through a turret is begging to get dropped. *shrug*

Big Ogre

07-05-2011

waaaaaarddddddssssssss

frogfury

07-05-2011

Assuming Kennen saw him coming at ~600-700 range, he could've stunned alistar with q,w + surge and then just flash out of annie's ult (annie has to wait to see where you land but if you spam for flash you should be able to dodge it). Other than that, there are some things that are simply out of your control. An ultied Alistar is one of them.