Urf Memorial Contest Winners are in! Urf Day Proceeds go to Save the Manatees!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bridget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-13-2010

omgwtfbbq. Ty for the winz0rs and forum title, but kind of curious as to why my submission was considered other instead of artwork when it's all hand drawn.

Dropkick Murphy

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggles View Post
Oh wow - definitely some upsets in the video section. Grats to all, and may Urf continue to be in our memories.

Agreed.

That runner up should definitely not have won.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

Title!!!

A lot of great entries. Coolest thing I've seen in the community so far.

EDIT!

Also kudos to whoever came up with the titles for the untitled works.

Saraqael

04-13-2010

Wait-so I spend all night modelling Urf, compositing him into a screenshot, then writing a story to go with it, and get nothing, but someone smacks Riot's picture beside Obama and gets an honorable mention? **** that.
Congrats to those who put some effort in though.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

!!!

Thank you very much Riot. ^^ You guys rock my socks so hard right now.

Wherever you are Urf, you've got a friend waiting for you.

Rootbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

****... I should have put some effort into it! Now I'll have to buy those Riot points.... Heh :-)

Cacti

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

Congrats to all the winners! I appreciate the honorable mention. Thanks Riot! I shall bear the title with pride.
Urf, rest in peace noble denizen of the deep.

Legendary Kajoro

04-13-2010

Congrats to the winners!

I'm disappointed with the video selections, I feel some of the honorable mentions were betters than the winners. Could just be my tastes though.

Thanks to KozzDog for liking our submission! I think we may have been disqualified because three of us worked on it instead of just one.

We had fun though, and remembered Urf's life for the good.

Anyone who wants to see our submission, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoZF2KW0s8c

FrozenStorm

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quae View Post
Congrats to everyone! :3

Also, Riot, you rock for donating proceeds!
^this. You guys definitely didn't have to do that, but it is way awesome that you did. Further justification for every penny I've sent your way, you guys rock. Seriously. I want to work for you guys some day

goldemerald

04-13-2010

Wow, just wow. Terrible choice of poems. It literally said "The summoner whose tribute brings the most tears to the eyes of the most Rioterz will receive a bounty of 5,000 Riot Points". So I wrote something sad, now all I see are these crappy rhyming poems that look like they took 5 minutes to write AND they weren't saddening at all.

Then again, what should I have expected from a bunch of computer guys.

Edit: 3 and 5 were actually pretty good, but 4 just left me speechless. It didn't even look like a poem.