First time ranked, need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I plan on doing my first ranked game soon

Played hundreds of normal games. Want to solo queue. Please list any information here that I need to know in order to not piss off my teammates and cause them to lose. Some things I need help on:

The banning system. I've read the wiki. But i need to know who should ban what at what time, and maybe other stuff. All the info you can throw at me I will consider. Thank you.

Valiant Lion

07-04-2011

In the champion selection make you that you all have at least 1 tank/1 support/ 1 mage/ 1 ad range carry/ 1 melee carry <-- you need a variety of champion roles to win the game and a balanced between ap dmg and physical dmg champions, so talk to you teammates and ask what they will be playing, doing so will avoid any comments like "fail team" , "noob team" which will lead to a fight between you guys. Another thing is DON"T FEED. ALWAYS CALL MIA.BE PRESENT IN TEAMFIGHTS. Don't insult a teamate if they are doing bad. thats all i can thing of right now. But good luck in your first Ranked, i lost mine because my team was green and the team composition was pretty bad.

Zydico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Know how to play one of each class. You shouldnt be playing ranked if you can't fill a role if needed

Space Pope 20K

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite9 View Post
at least 1 tank/1 support/ 1 mage/ 1 ad range carry/ 1 melee carry <-- you need a variety of champion roles to win the game
personally, i try to follow the meta of

Tank/AD/Jungle/AP/Support

so, have At Least 3 of the previously mentioned roles in case of; A: Bans or B: The Opposing team picking your champ.

it'd be shame to be the Tank and see Alistar Banned, They Took Amumu and Nunu is jungling. Your jungle is udyr and you no longer have a tank. So make sure that Each Role has minimum 3 available champs you are comfortable playing.

Basically, Own and Master 15 Various Champions and you can Start to play ranked.