Runes For Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sin of the Fin

07-04-2011

So far, the only thing that I'm sure about is cooldown glyphs. Sona, as a support character, doesn't seem to rely too much on magic penetration marks or anything. I'm kind of lost as for what kind of runes to use for Sona.

RS EndeR

07-04-2011

I play Sona purely as support, so I usually try to get a ranged ad to babysit and give them all the last hits leaving me with under 10 creep kill till after mid game. I also play in the bushes a lot and harass when I have my power cord. With that said my runes are:

Marks --> Magic Pen (for extra dmg with power cord)
Seals --> Flat mana regen ( can lane longer, heal more and harass more w/out oom)
Glyphs --> Cd redcuction per lvl
Quints --> 1g/ 10 sec (because I dont last hit)

I also start the game off with 2 farie charms, a ward, and a health or mana potion. My first item when I go back is p stone for the 5g / 10sec, along with greed, thats and extra 9g/ 10sec, witch will allow you to to gear decently, give all creep kills to carry and buy wards/oracles.

Cenerae

07-04-2011

Good options:

Marks - magic pen or hp. Magic pen gives you a better early aggressive game, where the health runes would help buffer Sona's horrible squishiness a little.
Seals - scaling mp5. Obvious reason to have them, given her mana costs. Could use flats if you prefer.
Glyphs - flat/scaling mp5 or flat cdr. The cdr is better if you have them, don't really need scaling, but again if you prefer them...
Quints - Health or gold/10 - Health to help you early with durability, or gold/5 if you're comfortable without (given you don't have much business taking many lasthits with her, all income is good income).

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

dunno if you want ranked or not, but i use magic pen reds, mana regen/level yellows, ap/level glyphs, and move speed quints, starting with a meki and a heal and mana pot. this is only in normal games since i don't do ranked.