Anyone else only punish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
It's okay. It's what you do to everyone's post anyway, so nothing's different.

Riot would implement this system because it "sounded cool", and they thought it would work. Unfortunately, it only looked good in theory and on paper. Look at how rampant abuse has become. Why would a filthy-rich company care about losing a few customers? They already have our money! So they can afford to lose some customers. That, and just take a good look at just how addicting games can be, so addicting that they'll come back even after they're banned! Riot knows this, and they can and will exploit it!

Let's make-pretend you owned Riot Games. You just made a net amount in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars/euros/pounds/etc., and players are trolling and hacking your game every chance they get. You also know that players can become so addicted to your game that they'll come back time and time again to buy more from your online store regardless of how many times you banned them. You come up with the Tribunal [a system that enables the players to do the work FOR you] to let players auto-manage the game for you while saving you and your employees some time and money, all so that they can dedicate even more time making you more money. Do you see any loss in losing a few customers here & there to the Tribunal and "abuse"? If the gain outweighs the loss, and you can pump out way more champions and marketable content this way?

...I see only a negligible loss.
See, you didn't listen at all. I asked you not to post any statements such as "everyone abuses the system" and you come in with "look at how rampant abuse has become." What evidence do you have of this? Because you and the same 10 other people spam these forums that the system is abused? You can't just say "most people like eggs" if you have no actual evidence.

You call Riot a "filthy-rich company." Do you know anything about their monetary assets? Of course you don't, other than that another company bought out a portion. If they were so filthy rich they'd be able to pump out all the promised features from beta we've been asking for that are taking them forever to implement. Even so, I already said not to use this idiotic excuse because no company wants to lose potential customers, no matter how big. That's pretty much rule #1. You should read up on how businesses actually work sometime, you might learn something.

You're seriously using addiction as a reason the tribunal was made? There's a lot of addicting games out there, much more so than League of Legends, how can Riot guarentee these players will return and not go to a game like Wow, or one of the free MMOs? Furthermore, what point is there spending time and money developing a tribunal if they just want to save money by not doing the work themselves? Why not just leave the game the way it has been for all this time? Then they could save twice the money!

Once again, you've posted nothing of any substance. Only statements such as "they thought it would work," but what proof is there that the system isn't working? I can tell you that I read through the cases and a vast majority of the players showing up are repeated leavers/afkers and playing spamming racial slurs and very obscene verbal abuse. Are there cases occasionally in which a player was wrongfully accused? Of course, this is what happens in every justice system. However, that's why the Pardon button was implemented. I know I use it. Is the system 100% accurate? Definitely not, no justice system is.

However, from what I have personally seen, the players that are ending up in the tribunal are a negative impact on the community. Riot also claims the system is working. Could they be lying? Maybe... but as I said before, there's no reason to keep a system that has the ability to ban and remove so many innocent, potential customers. So why lie and keep the system in place?

All of your theories and posts are honestly things that teenagers would come up with in a poorly run high school debate class. You're just a 100% troll, plain and simple, as I've said all along.

Good day

Mísanthropic

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
See, you didn't listen at all. I asked you not to post any statements such as "everyone abuses the system" and you come in with "look at how rampant abuse has become." What evidence do you have of this? Because you and the same 10 other people spam these forums that the system is abused? You can't just say "most people like eggs" if you have no actual evidence.

You call Riot a "filthy-rich company." Do you know anything about their monetary assets? Of course you don't, other than that another company bought out a portion. If they were so filthy rich they'd be able to pump out all the promised features from beta we've been asking for that are taking them forever to implement. Even so, I already said not to use this idiotic excuse because no company wants to lose potential customers, no matter how big. That's pretty much rule #1. You should read up on how businesses actually work sometime, you might learn something.

You're seriously using addiction as a reason the tribunal was made? There's a lot of addicting games out there, much more so than League of Legends, how can Riot guarentee these players will return and not go to a game like Wow, or one of the free MMOs? Furthermore, what point is there spending time and money developing a tribunal if they just want to save money by not doing the work themselves? Why not just leave the game the way it has been for all this time? Then they could save twice the money!

Once again, you've posted nothing of any substance. Only statements such as "they thought it would work," but what proof is there that the system isn't working? I can tell you that I read through the cases and a vast majority of the players showing up are repeated leavers/afkers and playing spamming racial slurs and very obscene verbal abuse. Are there cases occasionally in which a player was wrongfully accused? Of course, this is what happens in every justice system. However, that's why the Pardon button was implemented. I know I use it. Is the system 100% accurate? Definitely not, no justice system is.

However, from what I have personally seen, the players that are ending up in the tribunal are a negative impact on the community. Riot also claims the system is working. Could they be lying? Maybe... but as I said before, there's no reason to keep a system that has the ability to ban and remove so many innocent, potential customers. So why lie and keep the system in place?

All of your theories and posts are honestly things that teenagers would come up with in a poorly run high school debate class. You're just a 100% troll, plain and simple, as I've said all along.

Good day
Everyone that can abuse any system will [period]. You can evade this fact all day long, and it won't stop it from being true. You can only speak for yourself, but you cannot speak for everybody else whose walks of life are completely different from yours. I chose to include "everyone abuses the system" because I refuse to be bound by your rules. Abuse is important to discuss, and your attempt to silence me in that regard has failed.

They are filthy rich. I know from deductive reasoning alone that they're rich beyond belief. Do the math. Skins, boosts, etc.. times the thousands to millions of players... If you're good at basic math, then it's not hard at all to see what degree of wealth they've amassed. Just because they're rich, it doesn't mean they'll automatically carry out promises. They can be filthy rich while not fulfilling anything. Just look at any politician or lawyer's history for proof. No company wants to lose money, but they will make sacrifices if it benefits them greatly. I don't need to go to college for Business in order to understand how corrupt and illogical a company can potentially be.

Addiction is real. Yes, there are other games, but many players don't limit themselves to just one game. They play all of them! And they'll throw their money at them quite easily. They made the Tribunal to save them time and money at their work space while suffering and learning the consequences of this system as they go.

Once again, you label my post inferior to your ***** because you're a dime-a-dozen narcissistic egocentric player [surprise-surprise..!]. But in the end, neither of us have any prove to validate anything we say, so our efforts remain futile. We're both stubborn and immovable [bottom line].

In the end, all I'm saying is: There's better out there, and it needs to be uncovered and used. Relying on the problem itself to... ... resolve... itself... ... is just completely illogical, and abuse is eminent. There needs to be a fixed set standard. Violations can be quantified; It's all data-related, and can be summed up and dealt with on a computer. If standards could be scripted and concrete, then there would be no room for abuse. Only some hacker/cracker/cyber-criminal(s) [or their own employees] could ever mess with the code, because players by themselves cannot override it, and wouldn't be able to do anything if they broke the rules and got awarded a penalty for it.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

10 cases, 6 pardons.

When I started Tribunal it was definitely 0 pardons per 10 cases. Now these reports are just getting ridiculous.

Jalefor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2011

OMG walls of trollspam. Go qq elsewhere Zeus and Mp

On topic: Definitely alot better than it used to be. Was averaging 0-1 per 10, now more like 3-4 per 10

JustaPlayer24

07-06-2011

I usually do the tribunal after playing with people that are total jerks (friendly term) in game.. i try not to be bias but I'll usually punish more then i pardon just because i know that they just made the game super frustrating for at least 4 other people. I don't always punish, but 9 times out of 10 they deserve it.

Mpalm

07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalefor View Post
OMG walls of trollspam. Go qq elsewhere Zeus and Mp

On topic: Definitely alot better than it used to be. Was averaging 0-1 per 10, now more like 3-4 per 10
Disproving his childish troll posts with logic = qq these days apparently. Good post.