Anyone else only punish?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostOfKarma

Junior Member

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Personally I tend to average 0 pardons/skips out of 10 cases. *cracks whip* I don't even read 'em; just wait a minute, one gear: GO!
I'm looking forward to the day where 100% banners get 100% banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tactius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-05-2011

I do tend to punish way more then I pardon. I'd day it something like 2 pardon out of 30. I am a harsh judge, but I would expect the same type of judgement to apply to myself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactius View Post
I do tend to punish way more then I pardon. I'd day it something like 2 pardon out of 30. I am a harsh judge, but I would expect the same type of judgement to apply to myself.
You probably don't let yourself overreact, but instead laugh gleefully and giddily inside as you know you're about to wreck everyone else around you's faces [on the Tribunal via reporting + punish...] that chooses to overreact naturally and humanly to absurdities and infractions in-game [aka: baited]. That's how you roll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
You probably don't let yourself overreact, but instead laugh gleefully and giddily inside as you know you're about to wreck everyone else around you's faces [on the Tribunal via reporting + punish...] that chooses to overreact naturally and humanly to absurdities and infractions in-game [aka: baited]. That's how you roll.
So what exactly have you been trying to accomplish these past 6 weeks you've spent trolling this forum? You're present in basically every thread, and you respond to these threads multiple times, so you spend quite a bit of time simply trolling. You're trolling your life away, it's just sad now =(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
So what exactly have you been trying to accomplish these past 6 weeks you've spent trolling this forum? You're present in basically every thread, and you respond to these threads multiple times, so you spend quite a bit of time simply trolling. You're trolling your life away, it's just sad now =(
Sad for you, but not for me. And you spend just as much time doing the same **** thing as me. So how are YOU any different? Mmm..? Because you're Pro-Tribunal? It doesn't matter because you're still doing the same thing as me. Guilty as charged! *clicks punish a thousand times in hopes of collecting free IP*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Sad for you, but not for me. And you spend just as much time doing the same **** thing as me. So how are YOU any different? Mmm..? Because you're Pro-Tribunal? It doesn't matter because you're still doing the same thing as me. Guilty as charged! *clicks punish a thousand times in hopes of collecting free IP*
For every one of my posts, I think you make about 50. Honestly, you're in EVERY THREAD lol. The whole front page has your name as the latest response most of the time. Move onto another game or something... it's getting old. You aren't accomplishing anything. It makes no difference if you're for or against the tribunal... your posts are just silly and hyperbolic with 0 actual evidence. If you actually had anything constructive or thought out to say maybe people would listen to you.

Maybe that's what you do for tribunal, but I do not... the IP is so negligible that doing this ultimately means nothing in the long run when you get the same amount for a week's worth in one single game.

If you played LoL a bit more instead of reading every single thread and trolling the same moronic stuff every time, maybe you wouldn't do so poorly in normal games and be forced to resort to the simple AI games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
For every one of my posts, I think you make about 50. Honestly, you're in EVERY THREAD lol. The whole front page has your name as the latest response most of the time. Move onto another game or something... it's getting old. You aren't accomplishing anything. It makes no difference if you're for or against the tribunal... your posts are just silly and hyperbolic with 0 actual evidence. If you actually had anything constructive or thought out to say maybe people would listen to you.

Maybe that's what you do for tribunal, but I do not... the IP is so negligible that doing this ultimately means nothing in the long run when you get the same amount for a week's worth in one single game.

If you played LoL a bit more instead of reading every single thread and trolling the same moronic stuff every time, maybe you wouldn't do so poorly in normal games and be forced to resort to the simple AI games.
Maybe because I care about stopping abuse and you don't? Since abuse is prevalent, there's absolutely no reason for YOU to post anything more than a few replies just to say, "lol working as intended" [a Red Riot Quote used to tantalize and cause pain, btw...]. You're all for the Nazi Regime-like systems and concepts, it seems; you're essentially anti-human. And I take pride in standing up to injustice and abuse, hence my name's everywhere on this board; who're you?! Just another abuser, that's who! Move onto another game? So if you told everybody the same thing, where would this game be? Or any other game where you said the same thing? You've accomplished a lot condoning abuse and game death by being Pro-Tribunal. Great job! Pat yourself on the back now. And you say my proclamations are exaggerated? Am I exaggerating how common abuse is in this game? That's like saying that all the nations rising up to Germany were exaggerated in their efforts to stop Hitler from ruling the world. You don't have any evidence either, so you're hitting yourself in the face with your own statement. What Riot "says" is exactly what it is, "Hearsay", not proof of anything. Also, reacting speedily to counter-argue for the sake of counter-arguing/being right all the time [or exactly what YOU'RE doing] isn't constructive, either. So pull the log out of your own eye before you come and point to the spec in mine!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Czechmate23

Senior Member

07-05-2011

i couldn't punish the annie she was wrongfully reported


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Maybe because I care about stopping abuse and you don't? Since abuse is prevalent, there's absolutely no reason for YOU to post anything more than a few replies just to say, "lol working as intended" [a Red Riot Quote used to tantalize and cause pain, btw...]. You're all for the Nazi Regime-like systems and concepts, it seems; you're essentially anti-human. And I take pride in standing up to injustice and abuse, hence my name's everywhere on this board; who're you?! Just another abuser, that's who! Move onto another game? So if you told everybody the same thing, where would this game be? Or any other game where you said the same thing? You've accomplished a lot condoning abuse and game death by being Pro-Tribunal. Great job! Pat yourself on the back now. And you say my proclamations are exaggerated? Am I exaggerating how common abuse is in this game? That's like saying that all the nations rising up to Germany were exaggerated in their efforts to stop Hitler from ruling the world. You don't have any evidence either, so you're hitting yourself in the face with your own statement. What Riot "says" is exactly what it is, "Hearsay", not proof of anything. Also, reacting speedily to counter-argue for the sake of counter-arguing/being right all the time [or exactly what YOU'RE doing] isn't constructive, either. So pull the log out of your own eye before you come and point to the spec in mine!
Okay, I'm going to completely ignore this 100% troll post (like all your posts) full of absurd anologies, hyperbole, and hearsay (exactly what you accuse others of) and ask you this:

Why would Riot implement a system to intentionally ban "everyone" as you put it, even innocent and potentially paying customers? What's the point of turning away potential customers that aren't purposely griefing and ruining the game for others? Why would the Tribunal be anything other than a tool to help Riot rid the game of its problematic players? The 100% punish strategy for free IP is the most obvious form of abuse, so why would Riot lie about safeguards against this, which would lead to the scenario above (loss of potential customers)?

If you can answer this without your usual nonsensical analogies to WWII and without statements like "abuse is prevalent, everyone just 100% punishes and this automatically bans innocent players," with no form of evidence, then I will agree with you that the tribunal is a failure. Don't even bother with the excuse that "Riot has so many customers that it doesn't care about losing players," because EVERY company cares about losing customers/potential customers and as you've said, the tribunal can be abused so everyone can be banned anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Okay, I'm going to completely ignore this 100% troll post (like all your posts) full of absurd anologies, hyperbole, and hearsay (exactly what you accuse others of) and ask you this:

Why would Riot implement a system to intentionally ban "everyone" as you put it, even innocent and potentially paying customers? What's the point of turning away potential customers that aren't purposely griefing and ruining the game for others? Why would the Tribunal be anything other than a tool to help Riot rid the game of its problematic players? The 100% punish strategy for free IP is the most obvious form of abuse, so why would Riot lie about safeguards against this, which would lead to the scenario above (loss of potential customers)?

If you can answer this without your usual nonsensical analogies to WWII and without statements like "abuse is prevalent, everyone just 100% punishes and this automatically bans innocent players," with no form of evidence, then I will agree with you that the tribunal is a failure. Don't even bother with the excuse that "Riot has so many customers that it doesn't care about losing players," because EVERY company cares about losing customers/potential customers and as you've said, the tribunal can be abused so everyone can be banned anyway.
It's okay. It's what you do to everyone's post anyway, so nothing's different.

Riot would implement this system because it "sounded cool", and they thought it would work. Unfortunately, it only looked good in theory and on paper. Look at how rampant abuse has become. Why would a filthy-rich company care about losing a few customers? They already have our money! So they can afford to lose some customers. That, and just take a good look at just how addicting games can be, so addicting that they'll come back even after they're banned! Riot knows this, and they can and will exploit it!

Let's make-pretend you owned Riot Games. You just made a net amount in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars/euros/pounds/etc., and players are trolling and hacking your game every chance they get. You also know that players can become so addicted to your game that they'll come back time and time again to buy more from your online store regardless of how many times you banned them. You come up with the Tribunal [a system that enables the players to do the work FOR you] to let players auto-manage the game for you while saving you and your employees some time and money, all so that they can dedicate even more time making you more money. Do you see any loss in losing a few customers here & there to the Tribunal and "abuse"? If the gain outweighs the loss, and you can pump out way more champions and marketable content this way?

...I see only a negligible loss.


123