Anyone else only punish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I don't auto-punish for the IP, it's just that whenever I look through a player's games and reports I never see anyone truly clean.

Even if the first game or two are false reports I always end up seeing one where the player would AFK or something.

Has anyone else found themselves pretty much punishing 100% of the time?

Zarthorn

07-04-2011

Out of the last 20 cases, I've punished 19.

Guess I've just been lucky with the blatantly breaking the summoners code cases (really bad language with racism, feeders builds, leaving every game or demanding surrenders and afking)

The one case I did choose to pardon the player had just had a bad run of things and was getting a little agitated by the looks, it didn't help that the other teams he was playing against were hurling out abuse to begin with, so I'd say they were as much to blame as he was so I let it slide.

SuperiorMale

07-04-2011

Truly clean? what are you mother teresa? gtfo

Soga no Tojiko

07-04-2011

last 10 cases i had 4 pardons, so no

Mísanthropic

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Out of the last 20 cases, I've punished 19.

Guess I've just been lucky with the blatantly breaking the summoners code cases (really bad language with racism, feeders builds, leaving every game or demanding surrenders and afking)

The one case I did choose to pardon the player had just had a bad run of things and was getting a little agitated by the looks, it didn't help that the other teams he was playing against were hurling out abuse to begin with, so I'd say they were as much to blame as he was so I let it slide.
You do realize that trolls sabotage games for losing so that it forces other players to react with demanding surrender + afk, right? It's called "baiting", and punishing players for being "baited" means you're making those trolls become successful. The more you punish players that want surrender + afk, the more victories you allot to the trolls that "bait" their prey.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
You do realize that trolls sabotage games for losing so that it forces other players to react with demanding surrender + afk, right? It's called "baiting", and punishing players for being "baited" means you're making those trolls become successful. The more you punish players that want surrender + afk, the more victories you allot to the trolls that "bait" their prey.
Fail troll.

Loheim

07-04-2011

No one is clean. Very few people feel that they are though. Primarily pretentious players periodically perusing, posting pro-tribunal propaganda preach perfection. We're all guilty at one point or another. If the Tribunal works, everyone will be banned at some point. Innocent 99% of the time leads you to being banned for that 1 %. It's sad, really.

JasmineChen

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLaTiviT View Post
Has anyone else found themselves pretty much punishing 100% of the time?
Not any more, no.

when Tribunal first came out, close to 100%, yes. My caseload has gradually gotten milder and I do way more skips and pardons than previously.

GhostOfKarma

07-04-2011

The kind of people who find 100% guilty are the same kind of people who believe that they are superior to others due to the color of their skin, their current social status, or the size of their wad.

Now I will do something I rarely do... "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god." That's right. Gettin Biblical today... You all have a hidden little secret. So get off your throne, or be surprised when it topples and everyone you looked down on stands there pointing and laughing.

The purpose of the Tribunal is not intended to root out every little secret, every bad game. Its purpose is to punish those who frequently and repeatedly ruin other's enjoyment of this game.

Personally I tend to average 4 pardons per 10 cases.

Mísanthropic

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsbraun View Post
The kind of people who find 100% guilty are the same kind of people who believe that they are superior to others due to the color of their skin, their current social status, or the size of their wad.

Now I will do something I rarely do... "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god." That's right. Gettin Biblical today... You all have a hidden little secret. So get off your throne, or be surprised when it topples and everyone you looked down on stands there pointing and laughing.

The purpose of the Tribunal is not intended to root out every little secret, every bad game. Its purpose is to punish those who frequently and repeatedly ruin other's enjoyment of this game.

Personally I tend to average 4 pardons per 10 cases.
Personally I tend to average 0 pardons/skips out of 10 cases. *cracks whip* I don't even read 'em; just wait a minute, one gear: GO!