A proposition, for those angry with the obliteration of the League.

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask The Widow

09-07-2014

So, as you can see by the smurf, I hail from Roleplaying. That doesn't matter.
What does matter, as I'm sure many of you know by know, is that Riot's lore team is taking the League of Legends out of League of Legends. This is, to put it lightly, a very poor choice.

Now, to the proposition.

Riot is a company. As of late, the company seems to care more about making money than about pleasing the fanbase. So, I propose we hit them where it hurts.

In the cash flow.

If enough people stop buying Riot points, stop playing the game, Riot will notice. And if we make it clear to them that we want the lore as it stands now, flawed as it may be in parts, to stay, they will take notice.

As the consumers of their product, we hold the power. We can save the game that we all love from being destroyed.

This was one of the most inspirational thing sI've seen thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeyo Efthulc View Post
Even if our voice never becomes loud enough for the company to hear, we should lend our voice. Democracy (that is, the rule of the people) fails when any group of people fails to give their voice. Companies must be ruled by the desires of their consumers, otherwise profits will decline. We the consumers, rule and give our voice by opening and closing our wallets. Therefore, whether or not we succeed, if we strongly dislike the decision made by the company, we must close our wallets! How else are we to prove that we dislike the new direction? If they do not see our wallets close, they will simply ignore our words because our actions give our words the lie. We may say that we hate what they are doing with the game, but if we keep buying the game then we clearly do not mind so very much. This "boycott" movement needs publicity because this is our true power as consumers. This thread is really the most important voice of the discussion opposed to the changes.

As we have said, we first prove that we do not like the change by denying our monetary support. However, a second measure can be taken. This additional measure requires a very large community with a lot of dedication. It's easy just to stop buying something, but takes more work to actually physically protest. Actual physical protest, though, is the only way to show how much we like the old in opposition to the new. While Lee Sin did not hold back even his own body from the flames in his passionate protest against Noxian occupation, what I propose need not be nearly so intense. What do I propose? Simply this: What is the singular symbol, the one object or icon that, in itself sums and represents that which we loved and that which has been discarded in these unfavourable changes? Is it not the image of the Gold-Trimmed Purple Robe, the icon of the Robed and Hooded Summoner? If we are told that nobody really cares for Summoners, how do we say that we actually like Summoners very well, thank you? It is by dressing ourselves as Summoners and placing ourselves in force wherever they will see us. This is what I propose. Flood their social media and events with Summoners. This movement may make some feel a little silly, but if we truly care for Summoners, if that story truly spoke to us, we should not shrink back. I do not stand and say today that this movement will infallibly take place, but I do stand and say today that those who really, truly loved the old tales will not be afraid to take up the Hooded Robe and stand with me before our opponents and say "who really cares about Summoners anyway? We do. We care enough to wear it on the outside."

So how about you? Do you love the old tales? Are you a Summoner? Will you Wear the Robe?

TrentBatNA

09-07-2014

Too bad Rito will release more skins.

Ask Talon v2

09-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBatNA View Post
I can't buy skins if I've uninstalled the client.

Ask The Widow

09-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBatNA View Post
Riot releasing more skins does not obligate you to buy them. Until the lore is fixed, do not buy skins.

Ask the String

09-07-2014

I would love to get on board...but at 220 skins, they already got all the money they want from me.

Ask The Widow

09-07-2014

Get on board anyway.
THey have new champs coming out. Don't buy them . Don't play the game. Don't buy any more skins.

Aatrox Justicar

09-07-2014

I side with the widow. I love their designs and artwork, but haven't you noticed that they've lost originality? All these things that they've created they taken from other companies. Can't you all see? The more new things they add, the more you want.

Haven't you guys remembered the person who hacked "The League of Legends" main frame system?
Don't you think they can take away what you so desperately work towards?

We as a community need to stand strong against this. I know this is very hurting as I stand alone over the years. I put in over $1000 alone on just buying skins. Did I think it would add up? No I did not at the time.

I worked a low level job due to the situation I was in. I didn't have much choice but to stay in low level, but I had income, now I do not because of my current situation. But that money we spend giving them could be towards a friend who is in need. Money that could be put aside for when you have a child to put them through school so that they will learn.

Have we really lost our will and sense of knowledge as we played League of Legends? The way they think, as long as there is something new, we have to have, hence I always waited until such and such were on sale to save money. But I'm just as guilty as anyone else here.If you want to continue playing league, go right on ahead, but don't allow them to take your money, use IP. Sure you won't have a skin, but when we RP are we RPing the skin of the Champion, or are we RPing the champion that we see?

-----

I ask you as a community... Did you like League of Legends 2 years ago when you could play with easy, or do you prefer now with all unnecessary changes being made to your favorite champion you so love to play as? I certainly do not! If you agree, give a thumbs up on this. If you don't agree, please put in your point of thoughts and views! ALL of you, every single one of you is a victim to the needing to spend more to the game that might be heading for a downfall.

Ask yourself one question!

"Did I really spend that much money into a game that may no longer exist and destroy the champion I so loved playing?"

Ask The Widow

09-07-2014

What she said. A lot of us have already blown big bucks on League. (I'm guilty of this myself.) This lore change has a possibility of legitimately destroying the game, and putting all that money you spent on the line.

This is a concern for all you big spenders. Do you really want to see the game you've put so much money into fall to pieces?

Rossendale

09-07-2014

Ehh, I'm with ya Widow. Though with the frequency with which I buy RP, Rito wouldn't be milking much from me anyway.

AODRG

09-07-2014

As much of a noble cause this could be, it's just not going to work. 70 MILLION people play a month. The entire NA serverbase could boycott buying RP, still won't do a whole lot.

However, I have faith RIOT actually still cares about its fanbase. After all, they've told us they do everything for the players right? If that's true, they'll retcon their retcon. If it's not, then they're exposed as the liers they are, and that just shines more light here. Was bad enough they had to take out the JoJ because....idk laziness? Lack of a care? But when they redo everything they've built for 5 years, then everyone will know they truly don't care.

12345 ... 9