Furthermore, what are your thoughts on Smart Casting in general?

I use it for everything. 10 52.63%
I never use it. 3 15.79%
I use it for certain spells. 4 21.05%
I don't know what it is. 2 10.53%
I am a potato/brotato/potatroll. 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Rumble's Ult + Smart Cast = ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

Using smart cast, I press R. It seems to start the line template at my mouse cursor's current location, and swing the other end of it in the direction I next move your mouse. Sort of. (Not that I can see for certain what it's doing. Briefly showing the template for the split second that you press the key would be a neat "visual feedback" feature.) Many times it just feels awkward or even random. How is it working, or how is it supposed to work?

I could manually rebind his R to normal casting, ofc, but "button press + 2 mouse clicks" seems like exactly the sort of long process that could be streamlined by smart casting. It's typically something you want to drop "close enough" in the middle of a chaotic teamfight, too, and not a high-stakes precision shot like Dark Binding where you run the risk of whiffing and being useless.

rEkcAh

07-03-2011

smartcast is a good idea but this games mechanics are not built well enough to be used effectively without mistakes happening. The few times i tried the game would screw up whatever it was and really its not faster than just using the ability with the key and click that will effect the outcome.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDeFy View Post
smartcast is a good idea but this games mechanics are not built well enough to be used effectively without mistakes happening. The few times i tried the game would screw up whatever it was and really its not faster than just using the ability with the key and click that will effect the outcome.
I disagree in part. I can certainly see disabling it for a high-stakes skillshot or a difficult-to-aim cone, but for lightning actions nothing beats a smart cast. Ezreal's Mystic Shot while running, for instance, or an instant Siphoning Strike on Minion 2 (whom your mouse is hovering over) while you last hit Minion 1 with your autoattack.