The reason you can/should be reported for swearing(despite /ignore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AiZeNeX

Member

07-04-2011

Hey guys Language Filter: [on] off

QQ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZeNeX View Post
Hey guys Language Filter: [on] off

QQ
The specific words are not the problem, but the hate and general *******-ness behind them. Language filtering doesn't stop *******s.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OGBRAIN

Junior Member

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi Nnelg View Post
why make the /ignore option then? if people honestly cry over someone mocking them because they died and make it such a huge deal, say how that is wrong, blah blah blah, then maybe we should go get Big Bert and then talk a walk down sesame street and then we can all sing songs and jump around like kids, is that the kind of game you wanna play?

This is a game of competition, people are going to harass one about, people are going to make comments when they destroy another team and then probably make comments back when they are harassed, what i sad is I only ever see the people that first make the harassment statements in the tribunal when the worst comes from the people the first comment was directed to. but hey, it's a game of competition, what do you honestly expect. If you expect that all the chats are going to be like rated for 5 yr olds and no one says anything bad, then you are playing the wrong game. go pick up a kids games then, not a game where you are heated up against other people.

overall, reporting for harassment is completely stupid for a game like this, if everyone got banned for harassing the other team, then you would lose 95%-99% of all the players on this game, and most likely, including yourself
the /ignore option is for our convenience, but it doesn't justify breaking the code that we all agreed to abide by when we signed up to play this game and nor does the fact that this game is competitve. If anything, players are supposed to win based on skill and team work not on whether or not you can start a flame war between two teams and maybe fluster someone. As it may astonish you, I can play this game without harassing someone whenever I lose a match, it's actually pretty easy. And no, there are plenty of other players like me who can do the same, assumptions like above are completely baseless. Rioters wouldn't implement a system desinged solely to bankrupt them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

07-04-2011

Spam reports, click punish on Tribulolz, ???????, and profit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AiZeNeX

Member

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnADreams View Post
The specific words are not the problem, but the hate and general *******-ness behind them. Language filtering doesn't stop *******s.
really? cause it stopped me from understanding what you just said, I think its working


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZeNeX View Post
really? cause it stopped me from understanding what you just said, I think its working
I laughed at that.

"**** I didn't see that Ashe arrow" = an expression of frustration not directed at a player, uses a 'bad' word but definitely not punish-worthy

"**** you, you ******* noob" = an expression of frustration directed at a player, can make other players feel worse after they already probably feel bad for sucking, adds nothing of value to game, makes game environment toxic (in that rage can beget more rage from other players) and in general makes the game less fun

The problem is not the specific words. The ability to attack and harass another player is not determined by whether a word is filtered or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaedan

Senior Member

07-07-2011

I do think that it's fine being banned for swearing/cursing... but only if it's involved in Verbal abuse. If someone is using "bad language" but not directing it maliciously at anyone, they shouldn't be punished.

And I do disagree with your reasoning. Swearing/cursing is, in fact, not against the Summoner code. It's when the line to malicious verbal abuse is crossed that it becomes against the Summoner code.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AiZeNeX

Member

07-07-2011

Well maybe because its just words to me and it doesn't affect me as much as probably others, but im just saying i would rather put my efforts into clean the community of trolls/feeders/afker/leavers especially in ranked games.

no hard feelings john i understand your point


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaedan

Senior Member

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZeNeX View Post
Well maybe because its just words to me and it doesn't affect me as much as probably others, but im just saying i would rather put my efforts into clean the community of trolls/feeders/afker/leavers especially in ranked games.

no hard feelings john i understand your point

Nothing is stopping you from also punishing trolls, feeders, afkers, and leavers. Punishing abusive pricks doesn't stop you from punishing other abusive pricks.