The reason you can/should be reported for swearing(despite /ignore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

07-04-2011

...and in the end, not a sh*t was ever given. Trolls continued throwing stones at each other, and the Tribunal remained til the brink of desolation. What little remained of the player base, its most addicted members, continued gaming unhappily ever after.

THE END

Worster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I press Punish for people who are excessively verbally abusing people because that sort of player simply makes playing the game very unpleasant. If someone has been reported for more than 4-5 games for verbal abuse then there is obviously something up with that player. If someone has been reported only 1-3 times and they're just using a few curse words and saying their teammates are bad, then I usually let that slide. They could be raging out as a one time thing. In cases like that I'll usually go and check their Summoner Profiles to see more information about them. If they're level 25-30 and only have been reported 1-3 times they're probably just randomly raging out.

Diamondragan

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsowikk View Post
I haven't been banned, and I never will be. Those that have deserve it and I am above those who have in value to Riot Games.

Just thought I would post some more useless elitist pro-Tribunal bull**** for all of my loyal fans out there in Runeterra.

Btw, HAHA UMAD CUZ UBANNED SMILEYFACE BEEEEEAAAAACHHHHHHHESSSSSSS!!!
Fix'd. Find something else to do with your time, please. I grow tired of watching the already punished players be mocked and scorned in the utmost veiled troll sessions ever imaginable.

Be happy that Riot doesn't look through and go, "Hey, alsowikk is really being an ass hole," because you are.

Now you can just go and have a nice day, troll. Trolling trolls = worse.

AiZeNeX

07-04-2011

Auto punish feeders/afker/leavers "trolls in general" jelly scrub nubs

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

it's smack talk, it is one of the greatest strategies of the game to set the other player on a tilt to give you an advantage to win. if the people won't do /ignore, than it is their fault for hearing it, not the smack talkers. if the person reacts to the smack talk, they are usually 10 times worse than the person smack talking. so verbal abuse/harassment to me, instant pardon. only one condition will make me hit punish and that is blatant racism/racial slurs

TPOTK1NG

07-04-2011

Its a double sided problem. the ones stating "get over it etc" need to realize you agreed to the rules, Its not like a private game where the staff can ninja in some rules and then ban you for it. Just so your post isnt in grey you agree to rules. Yet you have trouble following them. This is a game true, but that doesnt mean you get to sit there and cuss other people out. Smack talking is acceptable but there are lines and people dont know what those lines are apparently

OGBRAIN

07-04-2011

What's with this logic of blaming people who bothered by being harassed? /Ignore does not give you a free pass to say whatever you want and if you trash intentionally as part of a game "strategy" you don't deserve to be apart of this gaming community. Also, has it ever occurred to some of you guys that it's in Riots interest to enforce harassment. When peoples games are ruined because their constantly getting harassed (especially in the early levels) they'll have less of a problem switching to play another game. Riot's not going to let Tribunal destroy its gamer base, it's going to protect it.

Malachi Nnelg

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGBRAIN View Post
What's with this logic of blaming people who bothered by being harassed? /Ignore does not give you a free pass to say whatever you want and if you trash intentionally as part of a game "strategy" you don't deserve to be apart of this gaming community. Also, has it ever occurred to some of you guys that it's in Riots interest to enforce harassment. When peoples games are ruined because their constantly getting harassed (especially in the early levels) they'll have less of a problem switching to play another game. Riot's not going to let Tribunal destroy its gamer base, it's going to protect it.
why make the /ignore option then? if people honestly cry over someone mocking them because they died and make it such a huge deal, say how that is wrong, blah blah blah, then maybe we should go get Big Bert and then talk a walk down sesame street and then we can all sing songs and jump around like kids, is that the kind of game you wanna play?

This is a game of competition, people are going to harass one about, people are going to make comments when they destroy another team and then probably make comments back when they are harassed, what i sad is I only ever see the people that first make the harassment statements in the tribunal when the worst comes from the people the first comment was directed to. but hey, it's a game of competition, what do you honestly expect. If you expect that all the chats are going to be like rated for 5 yr olds and no one says anything bad, then you are playing the wrong game. go pick up a kids games then, not a game where you are heated up against other people.

overall, reporting for harassment is completely stupid for a game like this, if everyone got banned for harassing the other team, then you would lose 95%-99% of all the players on this game, and most likely, including yourself

HaelRyth

07-04-2011

Quote:
Simply put...it's riot game. Riot's server and Riot's rules. You AGREED to everything in the sumonners code(despite very few of us actually reading it ). It includes things against swearing, harassment and attacks based on race or presumed sexual prefferences(heck I'm pretty sure the first three letters of sexuality aren't allowed to be said).

In other words, you are bound by riot's rules(the sumonner's code).If the code said you aren't allowed to put the letter g in chat and you did it...well you SHOULD be banned. Because you broke the code. So no matter how crazy it seems breaking it always means you deserve the punishment.
Swearing, in my opinion, should not be a bannable offense. While I do click punish for people using racial slurs, I only do so for those who's slurs aren't part of the language filter. (N*gger is banned by the filter, jew is not for example) My reasoning is simple. By turning off the language filter you admit that you are adult enough to handle the language people will throw at you. If you don't like it, turn the filter back on so that you are not subjected to it.

Verbal (or in this case written) harrassment is always in the eye of the harrassed. There is no cut and dry rule of what is an isn't harassment. There are a set of rules that polite society expects us to use, but even then it varies based on location, upbringing, and personal values.

***WARNING! POSSIBLE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE PURPOSES***

For example. the word "ni**er is offensive to me. I'm married to a black woman and have two children of mixed blood. For this reason, I find it offensive because of the word's historical and derogatory use. The word ni*ga is also offensive to me for the same reason, even though my wife uses it constantly to describe her black friends. It always grates on my nerves.

BUT. The term "ni**a" itself is accepted when said by black people, offensive when used by whites. So, is the word harassment? Its based soley on the person hearing it and therefore is totally subjective.

Without a clear cut set of words, phrases, colloquialisms, etc. it is very difficult to place a blanket statement like the OP suggests.

Neonshaman

07-04-2011

OP's statement is counter to the entire reasoning behind Tribunal.

Tribunal exists so that players can judge an individual situation on it's individual merits. It would be quite simple for Riot to ban to the letter of the Summoner's Code, but it would be unjust and would chase away players.
Justice is not blind adherence to the letter of a law, because that precludes any question of whether the letter is right, or whether there are exceptions to the rule.

The Summoner's Code is a guideline the Tribunal follows when making decisions, and we are expected to make case by case judgment calls accordingly.

tl;dr: way to dumb **** down.