The reason you can/should be reported for swearing(despite /ignore)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Tribunal has the same principle like dictatorship states. You can report a man for anything. And you are free, while he is persecuted often for nothing. Same principle, psychology. I fail to understand how you cannot see it. The biggest problem - unpunishable fake reports. I can report every game, everyone and someone will get banned.
Everyone and someone, contradict. You cant have all and also have one. I would like to suggest using the forum search and finding posts where pendragon has revealed people who were acting innocent yet had over 100 reports on them and being banned.

You can report everygame and just because you report the person one time, may it be false, it doesnt change they might have other games in which they either went afk/left, fed or harassed/verbally abused people. The Tribunal is more of a democratic system. People have a voice and the voice gets heard, while Riot will look over cases and either go with Punish or Pardon. They havent seen the Tribunal not working.

Explain to me how people who harass others, afk during a game, leave a game or anything of the sort that breaks the rules we agree to, allows them to be equivalent to what the Jews went through or anything of the sort.

Seriously I would love to invite anyone who think the logic you are defending is valid to my college.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
Everyone and someone, contradict. You cant have all and also have one. I would like to suggest using the forum search and finding posts where pendragon has revealed people who were acting innocent yet had over 100 reports on them and being banned.

You can report everygame and just because you report the person one time, may it be false, it doesnt change they might have other games in which they either went afk/left, fed or harassed/verbally abused people. The Tribunal is more of a democratic system. People have a voice and the voice gets heard, while Riot will look over cases and either go with Punish or Pardon. They havent seen the Tribunal not working.

Explain to me how people who harass others, afk during a game, leave a game or anything of the sort that breaks the rules we agree to, allows them to be equivalent to what the Jews went through or anything of the sort.

Seriously I would love to invite anyone who think the logic you are defending is valid to my college.
"Everyone reported and someone banned." You fail at mathematics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_%28mathematics%29

There is a set of people being falsely reported. Out of them there is another set of people who are being banned. Set of people being falsely reported is bigger and INCLUDES a set of people being falsely banned. Do you understand? Should i use.........toys to explain? And a person like you, who does not understand basic mathematics.....judges in Tribunal. Hooooray, power to people, communism incarnated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Tribunal has the same principle like dictatorship states. You can report a man for anything. And you are free, while he is persecuted often for nothing. Same principle, psychology. I fail to understand how you cannot see it. The biggest problem - unpunishable fake reports.
Dictatorship state = judgment by people serving the dictator.
Riot's tribunal = judgment by general community in service of their own desires.

Your analogy is false. Riot's tribunal is closer to democracy than a dictatorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
I can report every game, everyone and someone will get banned.
There's a pardon button. Prove to me it isn't being used. Until you do this is irresponsible speculation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnADreams View Post
Dictatorship state = judgment by people serving the dictator.
Riot's tribunal = judgment by general community in service of their own desires.

Your analogy is false. Riot's tribunal is closer to democracy than a dictatorship.
Every time, everywhere people serve only themselves and act in their interests - be it dictatorship or democracy. You think that democracy is so much different from dictatorship? You must be naive.

Riot's Tribunal is Soviet's system of reporting for free and punishing because "you can".

Quote:
There's a pardon button. Prove to me it isn't being used. Until you do this is irresponsible speculation.
I used pardon button in a lot of cases because i thought people were reported by butthurt enemies(clean chat, reported for offensive languge). Some i punished for clear "**** YOU" spamming. 2 out of 10 cases were right. That means no one is using pardon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Every time, everywhere people serve only themselves and act in their interests - be it dictatorship or democracy. You think that democracy is so much different from dictatorship? You must be naive.
That wasn't what I was arguing. You said "tribunal=dictatorship." I said it doesn't and your analogy was false. In a dictatorship judgment comes generally from the dictator and his wishes which are pressed on those below. In a democracy those pressures are (in theory) non-existent.

Again, I'm not talking about the relative merits of the two systems. If you are going to argue about that then you are deflecting from my point that your analogy was false and over dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Riot's Tribunal is Soviet's system of reporting for free and punishing because "you can".
People don't like the game environment the way it is now and want to see a friendlier atmosphere. That you assume people are reporting just because "they can" assumes the worst of those reporting. I don't believe that, because it doesn't make much sense, but you can if you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
I used pardon button in a lot of cases because i thought people were reported by butthurt enemies(clean chat, reported for offensive languge). Some i punished for clear "**** YOU" spamming. 2 out of 10 cases were right. That means no one is using pardon.
Then people have different opinions than you about how much offensive language is too much. Get over it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SHOE788

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
"Everyone reported and someone banned." You fail at mathematics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_%28mathematics%29

There is a set of people being falsely reported. Out of them there is another set of people who are being banned. Set of people being falsely reported is bigger and INCLUDES a set of people being falsely banned. Do you understand? Should i use.........toys to explain? And a person like you, who does not understand basic mathematics.....judges in Tribunal. Hooooray, power to people, communism incarnated.
I study set theory. No, you don't need to understand it to judge in the tribunal.

How about this for mathematics? Unless you can demonstrate that the set of all people being falsely banned isn't an empty set then you have no case.

Everyone has been eagerly waiting for the evidence that the Tribunal is one big conspiracy theory, so go on and prove it already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Every time, everywhere people serve only themselves and act in their interests - be it dictatorship or democracy. You think that democracy is so much different from dictatorship? You must be naive.

Riot's Tribunal is Soviet's system of reporting for free and punishing because "you can".


I used pardon button in a lot of cases because i thought people were reported by butthurt enemies(clean chat, reported for offensive languge). Some i punished for clear "**** YOU" spamming. 2 out of 10 cases were right. That means no one is using pardon.
Yes, clearly because people don't agree with you that some parts of the summoner's code don't apply, NOBODY uses pardon EVER.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeful

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Tribunal has the same principle like dictatorship states. You can report a man for anything. And you are free, while he is persecuted often for nothing. Same principle, psychology. I fail to understand how you cannot see it. The biggest problem - unpunishable fake reports. I can report every game, everyone and someone will get banned.
Hello. You are wrong.

The tribunal has nothing in common with a dictatorship or fascist state. Instead the tribunal is simply a trial by jury, something the Republic Democracy that is the United States, has used very well.

Also Alopix: PROVE IT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnADreams

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
Also Alopix: PROVE IT.
Sarcasm detector not working right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
Also Alopix: PROVE IT.
I was being sarcastic. Parroting his logic in my own words to show how dumb it sounded.