The new Hate Spike

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

Kudos Riot. The new hatespike noise is so sick.

thank you. that is all.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Thome,

Thanks for the feedback! I also really like the new sound as well, but sadly it has not been received well by other players in a thread below called 'Hate Spike'. As a result, we are going to revert it back. Bummer I know, but maybe we'll try another update when we have a chance to cook something up.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Thome,

Thanks for the feedback! I also really like the new sound as well, but sadly it has not been received well by other players in a thread below called 'Hate Spike'. As a result, we are going to revert it back. Bummer I know, but maybe we'll try another update when we have a chance to cook something up.
Aww... I thought that it was a nice touch as well.

SheepKing

04-12-2010

im not a fan of this sound, but thanks to make upgrade on sound, and im still waiting for the new ''quaking''sound comming

Kriptini

04-12-2010

The new Hate Spike sounds like the targets are getting vicious animal bites, which is really cool...

...except for the fact that Eve isn't actually biting them. If you asked the art team or whatever to add some fang effects to the spell, the sound would suit it to the T. =D

Sylph

Emissary of the League

04-13-2010

I thought that it was a nice touch - goes nice with Haunting Guise and spell leach...

talenrok

04-13-2010

Now that I think about it from the different perspective I should say that this sound is a perfect addition to Evelynn's greatest ability of irritating people (both teams ofc).

She's already target number 1 in a teamfights, and when she kills someone there's a great chance that victim will get mad at her (like if he was killed with melee weapon in FPS game)... so with this new sound it will be easier to keep pressure on someones mind.

Yes the sound is not really bad, in fact it's nothing like if u were listening to Merzbow or Atari Teenage Riot (for instance) for several hours.

But still I love the old sound too much to just let it go... So I propose make it so evelynn will hear the old sound while enemies (and possibly allies) will hear the new one. That will be a nice "buff".

Thome

04-14-2010

Please don't go back to the old noise. I love eve, and began playing her again due to the newly implemented sounds. i like to hear the new hate spikes in 7.1 dolby digital surround sound. haha. oh well thanks for the update jay.

Der Cutze

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Thome,

after i played eve again yesterday, i actually started to like the sound more than right after the patch....argh i'm confused now

talenrok

04-15-2010

Well, lets make a vote poll then, to decide whether we love the new sound or not.

1. Old Hate Spike
2. New Hate Spike
3. Make another version of the old one.
4. Make another version of the new one.
5. Make a new combined version of both!