Sona or Taric?

Sona 16 61.54%
Taric 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Sona or Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harbringer91

07-02-2011

Title is pretty straightforward. Buying one of the above. Who do you think is better and why?

tmacandcheese

07-02-2011

Janna.

Jk =P Personally, I recommend Sona due to how easy she is to master and how much I enjoy her playstyle. Taric is a great choice too if you can master him, and I see him used a lot professionally. If you're up to learn and master a hero, Taric may end up being more useful in the long run. If you're looking for a nice champion to play, and be good at pretty quickly, definitely Sona.

MarcusGraves

07-02-2011

im gunna have to say taric, he's a beastly support. good heal, reliable stun that actually does decent damage, passive aura that gives extra armor to you and allies (aegis with that, awwww yeaaah) and can be tanky

AnathemicOne

07-02-2011

Sona. All her CDs are relatively short (under 10 secs) with the exception of her ult but that's like 30 secs anyway, pretty short compared to other ults. In addition with the blue buff and some CD runes/items, instant ability/aura spam.

Her Q is the dmge aura and if you go AP, deals a **** load of damage, not to mention it auto-attacks the nearest hero(s) when in range. Useful for doing DPS in teamfights and gettting some kills.

Her W is the heal aura. While it's not strong by itself, with the CD reduction stated above and at max lvl, you can spam this pretty much like a god, and heal your team to full health after a skirmish, or keep them alive during a skirmish.

Her E is the speed aura. Self-explanatory it gives speed buff to you and nearby allies. Useful for helping teammates chase down or retreat.

Finally her R, the ult which is her AoE stun. This is what changes the course of teamfights. It's an AoE stun therefore anyone caught in the skillshot (yes it's a skillshot) will immediately be stunned, or "dance." Really useful in both teamfights and retreating.

Best Zod NA

07-03-2011

Taric induces endless rage in all your opponents. You heal, you stun, you give your allies armor and AD, you push hard, you lane hard, and you scale well. Believe me, no squishy can hold Taric off a tower 1v1 in the laning phase when he's pushing with minions.

On top of that, you can prevent dives and ganks with your stun, and often turn them around. People just go blind with anger when they see a support character by themselves, and forget Taric can be incredibly dangerous.

Juvinator7

07-03-2011

ALWAYS...BE...JANNNNAA!!!!....jk but i would say taric cuz i love him but sona ult is very good too. It's a big play style preference

Symmon

07-03-2011

Taric all the way. Sona scales very poorly and is a one trick pony with her ult, wheras with taric you can pull off alot more in a frantic teamfight imho.

Harbringer91

07-03-2011

I like the input so far. So far I'm leaning towards Taric because of his scalings and his stun isn't an ultimate. Plus he is tankier and i don't like being a squishy. Sona players convince me otherwise!!!

Oh and I already have janna for those who said her. I like her, but I want to try something different.

TimmyPage

07-03-2011

Sona has some good dynamic auras (as in, she can change her auras around based on what her team needs.. then again most Sona's I see forget that their casting causes auras at all) as well as a really great AOE stun that can sometimes mean all the difference in a teamfight.

That being said, there's something magical about playing Taric. That feeling you get when you heal a teammate just in time, or when you get off that stun at the perfect moment to turn a teamfight around, or that feeling you get once you've maxed Shatter and your entire team becomes a walking wall of tanks, engaging your ult and helping your 50hp AD Carry walk through the enemy that nearly killed them.

Taric is truly, truly outrageous.

Best Zod NA

07-03-2011

^ Sums it up perfectly. He's a great champ capable of great things.