Ryze needs buffs

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maerlyn

Senior Member

07-02-2011

I used to be a big player of the old ryze but ive been giving the new "machine gun" style ryze a chance and i just find it frustrating because he doesnt excell at anything really. I mean his dmg isnt spectacular. He has to build expensive tank items to get mana, while his ap ratios are trash.

Being reliant on mana is also his handicap because if he were ap his dmg would be really high like it used to be but now with ****ty ap ratios his dmg falls off especially into late game.

So what is ryze, is he a tank because he builds resistance items or is he somehow a carry with his mediocre dmg?

The ways i think this can be fixed are by bumping is ratios a bit so that hes still the new mana style champ but he doesnt fall off so bad.

Maybe instead of mana in a percentage give it a more flat amount. For every so much mana he gets so much dmg, in a way like singed passive.

Comments and suggestions please


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightningGreaves

Senior Member

07-02-2011

He is great in lane, he is able to efficiently gain damage and survivability simultaneously. No longer is Ryze a burst caster, so play him accordingly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maerlyn

Senior Member

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningGreaves View Post
He is great in lane, he is able to efficiently gain damage and survivability simultaneously. No longer is Ryze a burst caster, so play him accordingly.
Not really, his farming isnt very efficient unless hes ulting to clear lanes fast otherwise his farming is okay. But his items are rather costly and so he requires a GREAT deal of farming.

In the end his dmg still falls of quite a lot without decent ap ratios


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

Senior Member

07-02-2011

All Ryze needs is an Ultimate that DOES something.

Ryze has the advantage of being able to build into a tanky setup by taking items that provide nothing but mana and a defensive stat (HP, armor, MR, Tenacity, etc). This allows him to persist in team fight despite harassment or AoE or an attack from the back by an assassin.

The way his spells scale also makes him very powerful early and mid game, with some drop-off going into late game. It is interesting that after getting boots, Frozen Heart, and AA staff the best thing you can do for him is stack Rods of the Ages.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarcusGraves

Senior Member

07-02-2011

i say his spell flux needs to scale with mana as well but no more than like 3-4%. the power of his ult's AOE effect+ spell flux is just awesome in teamfights but it could use some more damage with the mana scaling.

also i think his ult needs 3 more seconds added to it at max rank and rank scales would go like 6/8/10 seconds


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maerlyn

Senior Member

07-03-2011

more suggestions, i like and i know riot likes suggestions!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-03-2011

@Thread Topic.

HAHA FUNNY GUY! You should take this routine to the comedy club. You'll be a hit!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

Senior Member

07-03-2011

You realize that percentages ARE ratios like Singed's or AP ratios....

Just expressed in a percentage.

Ryze is a farming machine once he gets his ult. He's VIABLE when before he was on the upper end of unviable. He doesn't need AP ratios. He needs a buff to his ult and a minor man ratio on his E. That is all.

You are now the official mage-carry.

If you think Ryze needs better AP ratios then you don;t understand the point of the new Ryze.

New Ryze: Get 4K Mana, do 800 damage on a short CD, and spam spells like a maniac.

The only AP you should have is RoA and possible AA (unless you prefer manamune like me). That is IT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maerlyn

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
You realize that percentages ARE ratios like Singed's or AP ratios....

Just expressed in a percentage.

Ryze is a farming machine once he gets his ult. He's VIABLE when before he was on the upper end of unviable. He doesn't need AP ratios. He needs a buff to his ult and a minor man ratio on his E. That is all.

You are now the official mage-carry.

If you think Ryze needs better AP ratios then you don;t understand the point of the new Ryze.

New Ryze: Get 4K Mana, do 800 damage on a short CD, and spam spells like a maniac.

The only AP you should have is RoA and possible AA (unless you prefer manamune like me). That is IT.
But other champions can spam just as much and do even more dmg than ryze and you tend to notice that they have better dmg than because of ability power stacking.

Annie has relatively short cds but they do massive dmg more than ryze can.

After his rework i really find that ryze is a relatively subpar caster to most picks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarcusGraves

Senior Member

07-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerlyn View Post
But other champions can spam just as much and do even more dmg than ryze and you tend to notice that they have better dmg than because of ability power stacking.

Annie has relatively short cds but they do massive dmg more than ryze can.

After his rework i really find that ryze is a relatively subpar caster to most picks.
ryze is a combo mage like brand. you gotta pop your moves in the right order to really **** on people.

if i recall i think the best order was Q, R, E, Q, W and Q for his burst combo

oh and using smart casting on ryze is a must to be able to do this fast enough


12