le blanc, just too OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Leblanc probably needs the annie treatment, less early in exchange for a better late game.
wish i could summon Morello or one of the other red names so that these problems would actually get some attention.

i think her major problem is mana, early game. she goes completely flat out of mana if she casts all four spells at the same time at level 6. there is absolutely no way for her to harass without getting too low on mana to finish the kill, and she sure as hell can't use Displacement to farm.

she's the worst mid champion ever because she can't keep her opponent off the tower. all they have to do is push minions and stay alive and LeBlanc will be useless for the rest of the match.

she was nerfed WAY too hard in the beginning, and still isn't a viable champion even today.

five seconds off the cooldown of Displacement, double her mana gained per level, fix the various Displacement bugs, fix the AI on her passive's Clone so that it might fool an idiot... LeBlanc needs serious work on her usability. it isn't her power that's holding her back, it's simply that she can't do anything to leverage the numbers which her spells claim they provide. if i had to make a list, in no particular order:

1. mana restraints early game. building a Tear is a bad idea because you will still go oom during laning before your Tear gets any charges, and she's not an endurance farmer anyway so Archangel is just not an attractive item to her. she needs to max CDR asap, and Morello's Tome doesn't increase her max mana, is an inefficient item to begin with, and delaying it only means she will be useless during the phase that she should be strongest.

2. Displacement range and bugs. everyone else has no problems getting over any of the walls, but Displacement has a 50% chance of doing nothing even if it looked like you could clear the wall by quite a bit. mostly you just bonk your head on the wall because of the screwy function that adjudicates where you land if you tried to teleport to a location (it will shunt you depending on how close you were to the nearest edge). Displacement will never clear a wave of minions on its own unless you are absurdly fed (and therefore don't need the CS), so LB has even less farming potential than Shen unless she uses Mimic just to clear a wave. Displacement needs its range increased by perhaps 100 units so that LeBlanc can clear walls with decent regularity.

3. the root tick from Ethereal Chains is super-short, and positively nonexistent if your target has Mercs. the root component needs to be doubled or tripled in duration since you have to hang around forever until it applies (compare it to other skill shot roots like Lux or Morgana which last 3 seconds and they don't require you to chase anyone for it to apply!). the actual range of the spell should probably be increased by about 200 units, considering the projectile's speed. right now, it is basically extremely annoying if you accidentally Mimic Chains (very easily to do if you're trying to Q+R quickly), and it's practically a guaranteed death if you both accidentally Mimic Chains and miss the skill shot as well. we need a reason to Mimic Chains taking into consideration the risk involved in using Mimic on a weak skill shot.

4. Sigil of Silence... actually doesn't. you have to activate the mark with some other spell. compare to Kassadin's Q which silences instantly and from huge range without splitting up its damage. Sigil on its own is useless as harass because it costs too much mana to ignore the second tick. i would happily split the damage evenly between ticks, though, if i got the silence on the first tick without having to trigger it.

5. Split Personality is a horrible passive. it sounds nice, and it would be half decent if it worked as advertised. but it doesn't. the clone doesn't fool anyone because it just stands there like a moron when it comes out. Shaco's doppleganger reacts immediately and does actually function to confuse an enemy. LB's clone also lasts a terribly short time and doesn't actually do anything (it only seems to autoattack, it doesn't do any damage). increase duration of Stealth to 1 whole second, make Clone react immediately and mimic (see what i did there?!) the real LB's actions, decrease Clone's duration to 5 seconds if you really must (though i'd prefer its duration be increased to ten seconds). compare this "life saver" (snicker snort...) passive to Anivia's... are you serious??

TL;DR: LeBlanc is the victim of defamation and hype (she's flashy), but she's actually one of the weakest champions in the game, contributing only extremely specialized function and suffering from grievous usability problems.

classic misdirection...

Mister Burkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
i think her major problem is mana, early game. she goes completely flat out of mana if she casts all four spells at the same time at level 6. there is absolutely no way for her to harass without getting too low on mana to finish the kill, and she sure as hell can't use Displacement to farm.

she's the worst mid champion ever because she can't keep her opponent off the tower. all they have to do is push minions and stay alive and LeBlanc will be useless for the rest of the match.

she was nerfed WAY too hard in the beginning, and still isn't a viable champion even today.

five seconds off the cooldown of Displacement, double her mana gained per level, fix the various Displacement bugs, fix the AI on her passive's Clone so that it might fool an idiot... LeBlanc needs serious work on her usability. it isn't her power that's holding her back, it's simply that she can't do anything to leverage the numbers which her spells claim they provide. if i had to make a list, in no particular order:

1. mana restraints early game. building a Tear is a bad idea because you will still go oom during laning before your Tear gets any charges, and she's not an endurance farmer anyway so Archangel is just not an attractive item to her. she needs to max CDR asap, and Morello's Tome doesn't increase her max mana, is an inefficient item to begin with, and delaying it only means she will be useless during the phase that she should be strongest.

2. Displacement range and bugs. everyone else has no problems getting over any of the walls, but Displacement has a 50% chance of doing nothing even if it looked like you could clear the wall by quite a bit. mostly you just bonk your head on the wall because of the screwy function that adjudicates where you land if you tried to teleport to a location (it will shunt you depending on how close you were to the nearest edge). Displacement will never clear a wave of minions on its own unless you are absurdly fed (and therefore don't need the CS), so LB has even less farming potential than Shen unless she uses Mimic just to clear a wave. Displacement needs its range increased by perhaps 100 units so that LeBlanc can clear walls with decent regularity.

3. the root tick from Ethereal Chains is super-short, and positively nonexistent if your target has Mercs. the root component needs to be doubled or tripled in duration since you have to hang around forever until it applies (compare it to other skill shot roots like Lux or Morgana which last 3 seconds and they don't require you to chase anyone for it to apply!). the actual range of the spell should probably be increased by about 200 units, considering the projectile's speed. right now, it is basically extremely annoying if you accidentally Mimic Chains (very easily to do if you're trying to Q+R quickly), and it's practically a guaranteed death if you both accidentally Mimic Chains and miss the skill shot as well. we need a reason to Mimic Chains taking into consideration the risk involved in using Mimic on a weak skill shot.

4. Sigil of Silence... actually doesn't. you have to activate the mark with some other spell. compare to Kassadin's Q which silences instantly and from huge range without splitting up its damage. Sigil on its own is useless as harass because it costs too much mana to ignore the second tick. i would happily split the damage evenly between ticks, though, if i got the silence on the first tick without having to trigger it.

5. Split Personality is a horrible passive. it sounds nice, and it would be half decent if it worked as advertised. but it doesn't. the clone doesn't fool anyone because it just stands there like a moron when it comes out. Shaco's doppleganger reacts immediately and does actually function to confuse an enemy. LB's clone also lasts a terribly short time and doesn't actually do anything (it only seems to autoattack, it doesn't do any damage). increase duration of Stealth to 1 whole second, make Clone react immediately and mimic (see what i did there?!) the real LB's actions, decrease Clone's duration to 5 seconds if you really must (though i'd prefer its duration be increased to ten seconds). compare this "life saver" (snicker snort...) passive to Anivia's... are you serious??

TL;DR: LeBlanc is the victim of defamation and hype (she's flashy), but she's actually one of the weakest champions in the game, contributing only extremely specialized function and suffering from grievous usability problems.

classic misdirection...
I agree completely with this post. A good LeBlanc player will come off as very strong during the early laning phase, but even when fed his/her effectiveness later on in teamfights diminishes and is very noticeable. And her passive is pretty garbage.

NakedGranny

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Burkes View Post
I agree completely with this post. A good LeBlanc player will come off as very strong during the early laning phase, but even when fed his/her effectiveness later on in teamfights diminishes and is very noticeable. And her passive is pretty garbage.
there is a thumbs up button for that...

Mooglefrooglian

07-03-2011

If you're staying in the lane at 25% hp, then that is probably the problem. Any mage is going to rape you.

That said, LeBlanc does do some ridiculous damage early game. Deal with it by not staying around her at low hp. She's useless late.

minty161

07-03-2011

Guys, her burst is literally countered by a banshees veil, seeing as she needs to get the right combo of spells of to do her damage. If you waste 1 spell to break the veil, you've basically cut your burst in half.