Jarvan balance state

UP 4 7.14%
Balanced 37 66.07%
OP 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Jarvan IV?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NconvenìentTruth

07-02-2011

i think he's fine atm.
yes he's strong but he isn't the cow

Get Some 101

07-02-2011

Yeah he is fine. Most people try to go toe to toe with him, and then his back-up shows up. He is no where near as strong as he used to be. Late game he gets hard to kill, but that is a problem with a lot of tanky champs. IMO he isn't much different from Amumu in terms of skill required and how he works in terms of role on the team and damage output. People just dont like his knock up because it's different from what they are used to.

TehZomB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Nah, he's fine. Just pick up flash.

Banhammer1

07-02-2011

People always point to his base stats but he actually had weaker stats than all the bruisers. His kit is nice though.

bigmontana

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodNamesTaken View Post
Right now I find him a bit OP, what do you guys think?
While I really enjoy playing Jarvan I'll admit he used..used...to be OP. After the most recent string of nerfs he's pretty balanced though. To have good burst you need 1 or 2 dps items, which means you can't survive as well as before. Basically same boat as Ren is in now. They both used to be OP when built as tank, both now need dps gear to deal decent damage. He can be crazy when fed...but can't everyone?

Ash Roxies

07-02-2011

His AD Ratio is pretty lame:/

Best Zod NA

07-03-2011

The reason Jarvan feels so strong is because he, like other tanky dps, is adept at disabling and sticking to squishies, who continue to build glass cannon. You have to remember, also, that his knock-up is a skillshot that requires the use of two skills and has a delay, and his ult isn't particularly difficult to escape from - and without timing from the Jarvan player, often results in killing his teammates than saving them.

The most important thing you have to do is not feed him kills in lane or let him gank. Once he starts getting those kills/assists rolling, you'll find him comfortably sitting in the middle of your team every teamfight, murdering and disabling your squishies. I find when I play him that I end up getting a LOT of assists, which, even if I die (and generally I do early), I make far, far more money than the other team and can afford my items earlier to be bigger, tougher, and stronger.

Jarvan requires timing and practice to use effectively. He's still a melee character, and still easy to juke if you pay attention. He's not a pick-up-and-pwn champion. I bought him when he came out, thought he was clunky and slow, and didn't play him til' after his nerfs.