Jarvan balance state

UP 4 7.14%
Balanced 37 66.07%
OP 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on Jarvan IV?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodNamesTaken

07-02-2011

Right now I find him a bit OP, what do you guys think?

sealsmasher

07-02-2011

He s not OP they nerfed him twice already, just really strong

KT Samurai

07-02-2011

I'd actually like to know in what aspects you find him to overpowered in particular?

GoodNamesTaken

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
I'd actually like to know in what aspects you find him to overpowered in particular?
I find it overpowered that he is a jack of all trades, however he seems to have no downside. You don't really need to build much to be strong on him, he has plenty of free stats which makes him a pain to play against. I guess I find it troubling that he can take plenty of damage and still do damage which carries are suppose to do. I guess I find him OP because of how much he can do for the team, which is not comparable to other roles.

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Really focking annoying. Thats my thoughts.

Regardless balance; I don't know what they could do to nerf or buff him. Its not the ratios that make him hard to play against its the mechanics of the hero.

OneDaySlater

07-02-2011

Jarvan's fine, they've nerfed every one of his abilities, including his passive. Short of a rework or making him worthless, there's nothing left to change.

Just be glad he doesn't auto heal on attacks without lifesteal items.

KT Samurai

07-02-2011

It's worth noting that a champ being nerfed in the past doesn't make them balanced now. Look at Vlad, he's been nerfed a gazllion times and it still the source of a lot of balance debate, even among Riot staffers.

TimmyPage

07-02-2011

He's a strong character who can sit in well against or on just about any team comp. Like most bruisers/tanky dps he has a lot of skills that give him a one up in 1v1 situations, and some skills that make him good in a team fight.

He's still very strong, but because of the most recent nerf I find he's coming back into a level of balance. Also, as for free stats, his base stats are ****, he literally needs to take his E first or second to even compare to the squishiest people on his team. If anything can be changed at this point it's probably dealing with the armour Pen his Q gives him as that is really pushing his strong damage even higher.

Overall hes just a strong character with a lot of ways of helping his team, and a well played one can make or break a team fight same way a Xin, or a WW, or any of the other 'Bruiser' style characters.

OneDaySlater

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
It's worth noting that a champ being nerfed in the past doesn't make them balanced now. Look at Vlad, he's been nerfed a gazllion times and it still the source of a lot of balance debate, even among Riot staffers.
I agree, but Jarvan's been nerfed pretty hard and, as far as tanky dps go, I'd say he's in a good state. Irelia's a bit more powerful and Renek/Garen are a bit less, in my eyes. He can't slaughter entire teams, but he can soak up damage and still put it out, which is really the definition of his archtype. Plus he's mostly just a bursty/utility dps. He brings a lot to the table, so in that respect, yeah he's probably considered OP. But as far as effectiveness goes, I'd say no.

Cloud Potato

07-02-2011

Jarvan has a lot of potential to rape face, but he can be countered pretty easily. Moving around so he can't knock you up, running away if he hits you with Dragon Strike, the 1000 ways to get out of his ult... He's pretty strong, but he's far from the best in either 1v1 or teamfights.