For it?

Yes 19 18.81%
No 82 81.19%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

"Anti-Tenacity"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akazonae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

The concept I'm sure can't be original thought on my part, but I couldn't find a thread and figured I'd venture the possible mechanic here for debate.

It should be self explanatory, but the idea of 'anti-tenacity' as a statistic linked directly to crowd control effects, causing their duration to increase is what I mean.

Would this be something you would like to see included?

Why or why not?
Personally, I think spreading out items designed around CC modification would help make a difference between your heavy damage people and your offensive support. It would also allow tenacity to spread out more and become a stackable stat, since there would be a counter to it.

Xalthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

This suggestion has one major flaw, increasing the cc duration of a team built around cc by as little as .5 seconds is an additional 2.5 seconds of cc in total (provided each champion only has 1 cc). However .5 seconds more cc is relatively little for a single champion in any form other than aoe.
In other words: It would always scale poorly for a single champion, but when bought in bulk by an aoe cc team it could cause major damage. This would be too hard to price or scale to find true balance IMO making it only viable for Niche aoe teams with groups such as, Amumu, Annie, Anivia, etc... Interesting suggestion though.

ScyrinPain

07-02-2011

I do like the idea, but only if it effectively countered Tenacity. It would have no effect if the enemy had no tenacity, but if they did, it would reduce that tenacity. If you just increased the duration of CC in general it would make it way too overpowered, and render squishies useless.

Akazonae

07-02-2011

That was kind of what was in the back of my head when the idea came. Then I thought if they can do things like Rylai then the AoE CC could get a small percentage of the bonus.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is more of a system of like
Damage(AD) vs Armor
Magic(AP) vs Resist
"Clever name here" vs Tenacity

It would be a good way to go with complicating up the meta without resorting to ye olde elements

NODAVG

07-02-2011

I voted no. CC is already kinda bullying the non-CC champions. CC may be the STRONGEST factor of all in game. I can't even imagine how big would this be.

CoolHeroBro

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODAVG View Post
I voted no. CC is already kinda bullying the non-CC champions. CC may be the STRONGEST factor of all in game. I can't even imagine how big would this be.
Well to be honest, CC has always been a big part of games like this. Not having quite a bit of CC on your team is like not having a tank.

Besides, having CC (and thus being able to shut down champions) makes ganks more viable and makes it so teamfights aren't just a spamfest of spells.

Stripetail

07-02-2011

You already have to give up a very powerful item for a comparatively less powerful tenacity item (such as giving up that second phantom dancer for a cloak and dagger if the enemy team is hardcore with the CC). And even then, you get... 25% less stun time.

Crowd control, as said by the poster above me, is already THE most powerful factor in the game and to remove a carry's ability to even build against the constant stuns would just be unthinkable. For CC *****s like Alistar and Sion, any item that removes enemy tenacity would become part of their core build, so building tenacity would effectively become pointless when they're on the enemy team.

Lacion

07-02-2011

No.

The people hit hardest by CC are melee carries. Not tanky DPS like Xin, Irelia or Jarvan, but melee carries like Yi, Tryndamere, etc. These are already essentially useless against competent teams; this change would make it so one good CC-monkey playing Alistar, Rammus or another tank could make melee carries completely useless even with an otherwise incompetent team.

Wriste

07-02-2011

A better version of the mechanic would probably be an item that doesn't necessarily increase the duration of CC, but rather just counters Tenacity. It would be silly to have an item that FULLY countered Tenacity, else the item you purchased would be useless. However, at the same time, an item like that would have trouble to begin with because then someone could just sell the Tenacity item when the enemy got the "anti-tenacity" item and the enemy will now have wasted money on an item that counters something they no longer have.

It would be a touchy concept, either way, to say the very least.

Akazonae

07-02-2011

Obviously I don't mean a narrowminded set of counteritems that reduce tenacity, as that would just be something obvious.

I mean, reworking tenacity and its counterpart into functional statistics, put items in the game based on them, and make it so the status effect gameplay element doesn't just look like a slapon sticker.