[Suggestion] Twisted Fate's Pick-a-Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iratus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

I was thinking a possible change to this skill would vastly improve his issue with PAC miss-draws due to the ping or client lag.

Upon activation: TF draws the last selected card. His next attack will fire the card.
To choose the card: Simply press PAC once again, and it will manually change the card.

This does lower the skill cap somewhat, but fixes that annoying 0.4s delay that comes with locking in, which can turn the tide of a teamfight or halt a gank. Also if you're spamming frantically to stun someone, chances are you'll just red or blue card them since it'll take too long to calmly wait for gold.

Crissan

07-02-2011

I had posted the same idea a long long time ago but Riot didnt like it apparently since it didnt happen and i didnt even got a response lol

Throm Shatteraxe

07-02-2011

I saw a thread a long time ago that had the suggestion of when you pick PAC QWE all changed to a respective card. Q was red, W was blue, and E was gold. You then pick the card you want. That seemed like a pretty good idea to me.

Shifter07

07-02-2011

There is a very strong issue with causing intimidation with the pick a card flipping through during the laning phase. Nobody approaches a tf with his PAC up, especially when there is still a chance for that stun. You have to work in this factor for the change to be considered.

Iratus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

While it's intimidating to wonder what card he'll pull, if it's anything BUT Gold Card, it won't be a threat. Slow and AoE damage is much less effective and Blue card only does a slight bit more bonus damage.

Nutarama

07-03-2011

The only reason PAC isn't overpowered is the difficulty in picking a card. Red card lets him farm really well, Gold is one of the best stuns in the game, and Blue lets him fix any mana issues he has.

TF is intended to be the champion who sets the bar for difficulty, simply due to a hilariously long-ranged harrass in Wild Cards, a comparatively low base range on his attacks, the difficulty in getting the card you want under pressure with PAC, and knowing proper placement of your Gate exit point.

That said, if you know your ping is over 75 or so, just don't play him. If you know the servers are lagging, don't play him. If your computer won't keep your FPS above 20 at all times, don't play him. There are tons of other champions out there to play, go play one of them.

Strider594

07-03-2011

Also it always cycles threw in the same order, and PAC needs to stay where its at otherwise it would be overpowered. With practice and good reactions you can also still gold card very quickly, but because of blue cards mana regen you should spam it a lot early game allowing you harrass like mad with his q and get you warmed up for later when you will need to be gold carding more.